Thread: Boost Control issues

Default Boost Control issues

Having a boost control issue. Have dual MACs with CO2 on top of 7 psi wastegate springs using dome control with a Dominator. It works fine when commanding dome minus a little PID tuning needed. It's too cold here for racing, so I figured I'd work on my pump gas tune on wastegate only.

According to the Boost control pdf: "For safety’s sake, even if the Use Master Enable Input turns the boost control off, it will still open the vent solenoid if the measured dome pressure rises above 0.5 psi. This will bleed any trapped pressure in the dome if the wastegate moves. This insures that the resultant boost won't be substantially higher than the level that would be reached if the dome were vented to atmosphere."

So, if I disable "Master Boost Enable", the vent solenoid should open above 0.5 psi according to this, correct?

The manual also reads:
    "One thing to keep in mind when using a dual solenoid, dual port wastegate configuration is that just disconnecting the solenoids electrically is not the same as running with an open dome. A dual solenoid configuration will trap dome pressure as the wastegate opens resulting in a non-zero dome pressure. If you want to run a true zero dome pressure run, it's best to disconnect the hose to the dome at the wastegate."

With CO2 off, boost control disabled, so commanding 0 dome, it built 6.5 psi dome with 100% DC on the vent solenoid. Is there anyway to force the system to bleed? I'd prefer not to have to physically disconnect the lines to run wastegate.

You could use the safety controls. Set it really low like 1 psi and revert to wastegate.