Thread: GPS Speed & V6 Update

Default GPS Speed & V6 Update

I've searched the forums and yet to find anything on this, so thought I would throw it out to the group. I have the Dominator with the 7" Holley Digital Dash and use the Holley GPS Digital Dash USB module. When I was running V5 even with the latest build the GPS speed worked great, never had any issues updating software at all. Recently I update both the ECU and Digital Dash to V6 and the GPS stopped working. I verified the correct build for the Digital Dash & ECU, made sure the GPS was selected in Digital Dash Configuration under the Vehicle tab and all it does is flip between Acq Sat, no GPS, or every once in a while it will show a 0 and then no GPS. I called Holley tech support and they thought updating to V6 may have corrupted the GPS USB module so they sent me another which has proven to do the same thing. One other note is when the laptop is connected to the Dominator and the Gauge Panel is up the speedometer when using V5 would mirror the GPS unit. It now says disabled and does not register, I did check to see if GPS speed was able to be selected for the input but it's absent in the list of options. Before I call the Holley tech line I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this or if I'm missing something really simple. Thank you.

I'm having the same issue after updating to V6. Did you ever find a solution? JP

Did you try going back to V5 to see if the GPS speed would work again?

No solution so far and I’ve spoken to others that are having the same issue. The consensus seems to be it's a software issue. Hopefully Holley will have an update soon to correct it.