Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding Second Temperature Sensor

Default Adding Second Temperature Sensor

Has anyone figured out how to add a second temperature sensor you can datalog? In my case, a second IAT sensor. The MAT is a little (a lot) too slow for the testing we're doing. Thanks.

Sounds like you need a HP or Dominator ECU. The Sniper is a budget friendly system.

@Twisted Z: Based on your question, I assume if you have a desire to measure IAT at a faster change rate you'd be able to figure out how to convert the data input for the CTS for your purposes. Just thinking out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF View Post
    Sounds like you need a HP or Dominator ECU. The Sniper is a budget friendly system.
    Well I have TWO Dominators and this was not the purpose for this project. I just figured one of the three inputs from the Super Sniper would be a two-wire Temp or programmable two-wire input. I'm just adding channels for my own use. One of the things we were wanting to do is datalog IAT between straight pipe, Meth injection, intercoolers and then intercoolers with Meth. Like I said I just never thought there wouldn't be a channel or PID for temp. That means no Oil temp either.

A B C: I'd be happy to just add it as a channel during a regular datalog.

You can complain to Holley marketing, but I doubt they'll listen or respond. The three additional channels are pressure only. Holley doesn't even sell a harness to hook up the extra channels and the extra channels cannot be viewed on the handheld. It's nice that they added the three extra pressure channels, but they never finished the job by integrating the channels into the whole system. Based on that, I'd say they aren't interested in expanding the Sniper into a full data acquisition system.

OK THEN. Let's try another approach. Is there a way to convert a two wire resistive signal into a three wire 5V reference signal?

I don't know. Call Rich at FAST Man EFI and ask him. He is a EE and likes to think about stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Z View Post
    OK THEN. Let's try another approach. Is there a way to convert a two wire resistive signal into a three wire 5V reference signal?
    I'm not sure about that, but there's some interesting information in the first link in my post #12: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...280#post224280 (Related Forum Post)

Thank You Danny. I'll let you know how it works out. Times like this, I miss Radio Shack. Hopefully I have one in my VATs kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    I'm not sure about that, but there's some interesting information in the first link in my post #12: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...280#post224280 (Related Forum Post)
    Thanks Danny, that worked. It does look like one of my inputs is dead, but I'm still looking into it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast