Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Datalog Review

Default Datalog Review

Hello, wondering if some of you wouldn't mind taking a look at my Config File and cold start datalog. I have a 383 Stroker SBC, aluminum heads, hydraulic roller cam. Looking for some thoughts on adding or subtracting base fuel at idle. Other than that car seems to drive great. Hopefully this works:
    1603927874304_4150_4_Z 383-2.zip
    Sniper Log 20201028-161149 cold start idle.zip
    Attached Files Attached Files

Overlay the datalog onto your Config File, and pay special attention to the center paragraph in blue print:
    Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    Quick Datalogger Information:
    Always provide data, not just symptoms. Is the AFR & ignition timing optimized? Overlay the datalog onto your Config File.
    Ensure the Target A/F Ratio table is properly programmed for your engine. Ensure the ECU is "Learning" (Learn Table LINK).
    Scroll through the datalog to the problem area. Then look exactly where this happens on the Base Fuel & Timing Tables. Scrutinize:
    RPM, MAP, MAT, TPS, CTS, IAC, Target AFR, AFR Left, CL Comp, Ignition Timing, Duty Cycle, Fuel Flow, Fuel Pressure & Battery.

Using the Holley Sniper EFI software (LINK), look at where the live cursor moves to during this occurrence, and
    manually tune that area of the Base Fuel Table (enrich or lean) & Base Timing Table (optimize ignition timing).

I find the most helpful datalog function, is overlaying the datalog on your Config File.
    I'm in the habit of using the datalog Overlay feature every time I review a datalog.
    Click on "Datalog" (on the top Toolbar), "Activate Overlay", then "Open Data Log".
    You can literally "playback" a recorded event, and watch it as it happened on any screen.
    Minimize (shrink) the datalog window, and move it to the bottom of any Config File screen.
    Then click & scroll anywhere on the datalog, and watch it playback on your Config File (EFI software).
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...9r10543rev.pdf (Holley EFI Datalogger Instructions)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...s-amp-Datalogs (Datalog Information - Read "NOTES")
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqHO...C6FEA0BB99AF17 (How To Record & Email A Datalog)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...7531#post77531 (Closed Loop Datalog Tuning - Posts #2, #4 & #6)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHjLwJQ45Kw (Holley Sniper EFI Datalogging Tech Video)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Thank you for those links, but I have activated the Overlay feature on many of my past datalogs. I'm just still not sure if it's getting enough fuel at idle, my Base Fuel Table at idle seems a lot lower on the graph than it used to be.

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....1842#post61842 (Learn Table - Diagnostic/Troubleshooting Tool)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Thanks, but I've also read that link before too. Before I Transferred Learning To Base the in park idle area was approximately -21% and now it's at approx -8% and a few RPM & MAP higher I'm at approximately +8%. And like I said the red area in my Base Fuel Table looks like a deeper slope than it was a few months ago. Not sure to add more fuel in that area. If I add more it'll show a higher negative number correct?

Your Target AFR at idle is 13.5, so my first question is if that's the best Target AFR for your engine? Have you tested the Target AFR at idle? Did you test multiple idle Target AFRs and how did you determine that 13.5 was the best? If you haven't tested the Target AFR then you haven't tuned the engine.

I did just peak at your datalog of one of the cold starts. You definitely need to add a bunch of fuel during cold starts. Go to the After Start Enrichment table in the software and start to learn. Your CL Comp is near 30% during the first few minuets of startup.

I'll try to take a more in-depth look tomorrow. Remember this, your operating temperature idle should be well tuned before you do too much more assuming you want it to idle in some specific manner.
    Last edited by a b c; 10-29-2020 at 06:20 AM.

I had it idling at 14.3 for a while and I was getting a bad fuel smell, well almost like a strong burning smell. Then tried 13.5 and I wasn't getting that strong smell anymore.

Yes, I noticed last night also during another cold start CL Comp started around 25% and gradually went down to around 2% at about 190°F. Also I appreciate it that you looked at the file for me.

@a b c: Were you referring to raising my After Start Enrichment % during colder temps or adding a bunch of fuel to my Base Fuel Table in the idle area?

Quote Originally Posted by 87T View Post
    I had it idling at 14.3 for a while and I was getting a bad fuel smell, well almost like a strong burning smell. Then tried 13.5 and I wasn't getting that strong smell anymore.
    This doesn't make any sense. AFR of 14.3:1 is leaner than AFR of 13.5:1. AFR is Air to Fuel Ratio. Andrew
    IG @projectgattago
    I offer remote Holley EFI tuning.
    I deliver what EFI promises.
    Please get in touch if I can be of service.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast