Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Datalog Review

Sorry, I meant IAC Parked Position from -5* to around +60*.
    Last edited by 87T; 11-23-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Try lowering your IAC Parked Position to somewhere around 60% to 70% on those cold starts (below 80°F). That may help that lean flair. Let us know how it starts that way.

At that temperature in the current datalog, bring the After Start Enrichment fuel down 10%. Decay it out longer, by another 20 seconds. Of course, slope them both down in even increments to a know good point on your temperature scale. If you don't have a know good point as of now, make a good slope down to near 10% at the 160°F range.

Bring the Coolant Temperature Enrichment up by 5% (to the previous mark) at each temperature mark. Starting at your 93°F mark. Basically your way too rich at the Crank To Run RPM area. It has a lean flare, then becomes too lean.

Take a look at this GCF: test 383-3.zip I modified yours to look like what I explained above. I changed your After Start Enrichment, Coolant Temperature Enrichment, and the Fuel Prime Modifier to 4. I did forget to change the IAC Parked Position of the IAC when it's cold. I think you could safely load that file to your ECU and test it if you'd like. I would change the IAC Parked Position to 70% first. Pay attention to how it starts and idles in the first minute and you will begin to learn how the changes make it sound and you'll begin to get real close based off of sound. Add in the advantage of an WBO2 and things can get easier, but don't let the WBO2 dictate every move or let it drive you crazy. It still has to start, idle, and drive the way you want it too.
    Last edited by a b c; 11-23-2020 at 07:48 AM.

Thank you for taking a longer look at it for me, I appreciate it. I'll check that later on this afternoon and take a datalog. I feel like it's always getting better with every change. I believe it's always after I Transfer Learning To Base that I have to start over again. Thanks.

No problem. I enjoy keeping my mind occupied with it.

@87T: Your VE table is nicely tuned. What other issues are you trying to solve? Andrew

I'm not really trying to solve any issues, but every time I'd get it to what I thought was good enough, I'd Transfer Learning to Base and datalog would look a lot different than previous datalogs. Then it seems like I'd have to "start over again". I'm trying to make sure my idle is right in this colder weather for now before I move on to cruise tuning and then WOT. Thank you.

Well this is the datalog from the test. Looked good, felt good, fired right up, took approximately 50 seconds for CL Comp to come up. Only changes I made were IAC Parked Position to 65% to 77degrees. Sorry for the long datalog, but I wanted to make sure I got it to operating temperature. I put car in (1st) gear at the very end of the datalog. I'm going to look now to figure out my After Start Decay Rate. Sniper Log 20201123-165554 test.zip
    Last edited by 87T; 11-23-2020 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 87T View Post
    I believe it's always after I Transfer Learning To Base that I have to start over again.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...905#post227905 (Related Forum Post)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

This is another (2nd) cold start I just took from the test tune from @abc, even though I felt it was fine before. I definitely believe it's gotten way better at colder temperatures. It feels and even sounds better during just the first 2 minutes after startup. Only changes to the datalog I made were IAC Parked Position before 77°F to 65% and Fuel Prime Multiplier down to 3.1606260272403_test 383-3.zip CL Comp is getting closer to "settling" towards 0. Sniper Log 20201124-161048.zip. This is another datalog of same start, but at warm idle. Sniper Log 20201124-161940 warm park.zip. @abc-Thank you.

Took another datalog today with a comparison from yesterday, and if you can see from pic, there's no "tach sweep" like all recent datalogs. Closed Loop Comp seems to be getting closer to +/-0 also.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201125_180330.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	10953

Is your tachometer needle sweeping at key-on? The datalog still shows that it is, even in your pics. Here's your current cold start datalog zoomed in.
    tach sweep.zip
    Yes, cold start is getting better. Before I would make too many changes, I'd like to get some clarification on the RPM jump at the beginning of the datalog.
    With that being said, I'd experiment with lowering the cold start Target AFR from -.2 to -.5 on a slope, it really depends on how it sounds and behaves at this point. Right now it was idling near 12.5, which would indicate we need to lean it out some 3-5% depending on how it behaves with lowering the target.

It definitely looks much better from the first datalog I looked at, good job. Now go find that RPM spike issue.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast