Thread: Sniper 4500 WBO2 Error on Engine Dyno

Default Sniper 4500 WBO2 Error on Engine Dyno

Hi All. Just had 540 BBC engine assembled and placed on dyno, was run-in & initially tuned using 4500 carburetor & MSD Programmable, made 780 TQ & 830 HP, have then gone and swapped over to Sniper 4500 and ran into issues straight away. The WBO2 sensor is coming up with Caution & Warning saying it's Not Connected both on the supplied sensor and a replacement sensor, as a result will not enter Closed Loop. I updated to the latest Firmware before firing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201028_173018.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	10783 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201028_165410.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	10782 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201028_165355.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	10781
    Last edited by Dan_72VEL; 11-01-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Yeah, that isn't any fun. You can put the system in Open Loop and run it that way, but you'll have to be very careful and quick with the keyboard to keep the AFR where it needs to be, especially if it's a new tune.

Double check the connector to see if there is a pin bent or some sort of damage. If the cables aren't damaged then you might have a problem inside the ECU. If it was me I'd fire up the engine to see if everything else worked and take some datalogs so you can talk it over with Holley. My guess is that you'll need a replacement ECU, but who knows, maybe a firmware flash will resolve the issue.

It does fire up, but not running well. Also, can't get timing verified using the Static Timing Process, have tried setting the Crank Reference Angle to a several different positions, but won't match number on the handheld.

Is it an MSD distributor? If so, you might never get it to work. If you want timing control, then install a HyperSpark distributor. Be sure to use the correct gear material for your camshaft.

Have taken timing control off and gone back to using the MSD Programmable to take care of timing & Sniper just do fuels. I'm still having issue of the Handheld saying Heating or Not Connected.

Video of handheld switching from Heating to Not Connected. It does display AFR when cranking, then also if you hit the starter when engine running it temporarily flashes back up.

Starting to sound like an electrical issue if it comes & goes. Check everything over very carefully. You might have a loose wire in the connector or something along those lines.

Yep, check pin fit at the connector just to make sure a gorilla didn't get after your connector.