Thread: Sniper MAP sensor issues.

Default Sniper MAP sensor issues.

Over the last couple days we've had temps down into the single digits and a few dips below zero. Truck fires right up and runs great even at these temps, but on two occasions it suddenly stumbled on acceleration and continued to run poorly. Idled a couple miles home both times. I noticed the MAP sensor was stuck at a random number both times and never moved even after a key OFF/ON cycle. After the truck sat a few hours at home, it seemed to rectify itself. Anybody else have MAP sensor issues? Is the MAP replaceable?

Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    Sniper EFI Replacement Sensors - Auto Parts Store
    CTS Sensor: Standard Motor Products TX3
    TPS Sensor: Standard Motor Products TH191
    IAC Motor: Standard Motor Products AC416
    WBO2 Sensor: Bosch 17025, 0258017025 (LINK/LINK/LINK/LINK)
    (The Sniper EFI 2 bar MAP sensor is internal with the ECU.
    The Sniper EFI IAT sensor is a circuit board sensor that measures one throttle bore.)
    Innovate Motorsports HBX-1 Heat-Sink Bung Extender is great for protecting the WBO2.
    https://www.holley.com/brands/holley...ce_components/ (Sniper EFI Service Components)

Could it be that the port iced over? What's the MAT sensor reading when this happens?
    Last edited by a b c; 10-27-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Suppose it's possible. MAT temp was in the single digits when this occurred the first time and -5 the second time. Both times the truck started cold and ran fine. Drove 2-3 miles and let it idle for 10-15 minutes while I was attending to other business, and then happened shortly after I jumped back in and drove off. Once home I let the truck sit for an hour and it was working fine.

You'd need considerable condensation or water for icing to happen. In a different situation I have had air bleeds ice over on a carb.

Do you recall what the MAT was after it idled for the 10-15 minutes?

Do you start the engine in a warm garage then move it outside to the cold?

I guess I should confirm the temperature scale you are using for the sub-zero temperatures, is it Fahrenheit or Celsius?

If you could download your GCF from the ECU along with a datalog of the occurrence and post them here we will take a look.