Thread: Long Term Fix for Sniper Injector Connectors?

Default Long Term Fix for Sniper Injector Connectors?

Well, after about 500 miles of use, the dreaded "disconnected injector" got me. I've read about it 100x and knew where to start with the diagnosis.

I pulled the side cover and was baffled at just how poorly designed and implemented these connectors are! I don't see how anyone other than a second year engineering intern could design something this inadequate, and even worse, Holley some how decided to put them into production. There's no guided pin alignment and there is no positive retention! My kid's Power Wheel has more robust connectors on it.

• Sorry for the rant, but what's the long term fix for these connectors?
    • Are people replacing the injectors for something that uses a proper EV connector?
    • Are people having reoccurring issues where after they reseat the connector, it comes loose later?

I believe they zip tie them down. I had to do it on my Mazda after the connectors got brittle over the years.

Absolute best fix, cut the connector off and solder on a proper rigid connector. That will have the most positive retention. Although there may be a mechanical reason why Holley went with the rubber connector such as size/space issues or potentially they found something during R&D that lead them to believe the soft rubber would handle the universal setup better. I like to think it wasn't just about saving a dollar.

Next best, check pin fit and adjust if necessary. Then safety wire or mini cable tie the connector to the body of the injector so the soft rubber connector won't vibrate off.

I would've rectified this by implementing some sort of simple hold-down after the first hint of a failure incident (without cutting off anything).

A few guys used zip ties to hold the connections in place. I haven't done it myself yet.

Thanks for the input, though, a bit disappointing to hear that zip ties are the generally accepted solution.

I'm growing tired of the Holley work-arounds necessary to make up for poor design work.

I don't have these problems with my Holley Dominator EFI system.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Are the 8 injector Super Snipers also prone to this? I haven't heard of one yet, but wonder if I'm sitting on a ticking time bomb. I'm hoping they have a different design.