Thread: Nitrous Arming

Default Nitrous Arming

Here's a datalog that shows changes occurring when I arm the Nitrous. Nothing should be happening here, so I do not know what's going on. It's wired exactly as shown in the Holley diagrams. In order for the Nitrous to come on, I'd have to have the arming switch on, activation switch held down, throttle past 90%, and above 3500 RPM. To my untrained eye it looks like the CL Comp is doing something when I arm the system. Anyone have an idea? Sorry, I'm unable to load a datalog. Maybe this will work. It's a Dropbox link to the datalog. Thanks for any help. Ken https://www.dropbox.com/s/lba7eezgz2...ff%202.dl?dl=0
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 10-24-2020 at 11:29 PM.

I assume you're not datalogging when you actually arm the system? If you are, tell me what the input parameter is I need to look at. I do see the IAC jump up and the RPM along with CL Comp jump with it. As of now it looks like a base fuel problem, but I guess depending on where the relay is and current start for the arming system, I suppose it could interfere with with the ECU, but I think that's a stretch on my part.

To attach a GCF downloaded from the ECU and a datalog here:
    Save the files from your SD card or (laptop if you used the laptop to record the information) to a .zip file in a location you'll remember. The easiest seems to save them on the desktop. Next open the Holley thread you want to attach them to. Start a reply and select the Advanced option at the bottom of the Reply window. That'll give you the option to select the Attach File button at the top of the Reply window. When you select the Attach option another window will open. You then follow the instructions in that window by attaching the .zip files you saved to your desktop.

Ken, we also need to see your Config File, not just a datalog. In that datalog, you claim the N2O system is armed, but the N2O Enable was never activated because it remained at zero in the entire datalog. I suspect a wiring problem.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Yep, got it figured out. I/Os still set for A/C control. Checked out of A/C control and assigned the inputs correctly to the nitrous switch and presto, things worked correctly. I think. Still learning all this stuff. Thanks for your help guys.