Thread: Reducing ECU datalog size/maximizing sampling rate.

Default Reducing ECU datalog size/maximizing sampling rate.

I've been taking long ECU datalogs and exporting to Excel for analysis, but I find the Holley datalog viewer a much better tool for much of what I've been doing. However, when .dl files get past ~47.5MB the are split into multiple files, which is a bit clunky. When exported to CSVs, they appear to contain 2-3 times more data than either my car (4 cylinder, 4 injector, mostly basic logging, except the 10 sensors in the exhaust manifold) doesn't use at all, or data I don't need most of the time. A few questions:
    1) Is it possible to limit the actual parameters the ECU datalog records, so I could pack 2-3 times more useful data into the 47.5MB file size?
    2) Can the 47.5MB file size be increased arbitrarily? The computer I built is more capable than most. Processing multiple-GB files with this application would not be an issue.
    3) Are there any tools to re-sample .dl datalogs, particularly the larger .dl prior to cutting into smaller chunks?
    4) Is there a way to import .csv files back into .dl?

Fantastic product by the way. Can't wait to get on the track with this car and start collecting at-speed data.

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    The Holley EFI ECU records everything, but the datalogger (EFI software) displays only the channels you've selected.
    Click the "E" (top Toolbar) to edit what the datalogger displays. In the Data Monitor/Datalogger, clicking on the letter
    "E" allows you to Edit (add/delete) data channels for each View List. Drag & drop data channels to & from the View Lists.
    The data channel list (left side of Graph Setup) is very long, so you need to scroll it to the right to see every channel.
    https://www.holley.com/document/tech...9r10543rev.pdf (Holley EFI Datalogger Instructions)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....s-amp-Datalogs (Datalog & System Log Information)

Configure the Data Monitor, Data Logger, Gauge Panel, etc.
    Enter the Data Monitor/Datalogger Edit screen ("E" button at top left corner),
    and "drag & drop" the custom channels over to the Data Screen/Log View lists.
    You need to scroll to the right to select the custom created channels.

FYI: If you're looking at a datalog older than when a sensor or other hardware was added, it will be gray/unavailable. Record a new datalog (even a few seconds of key-on/engine-off), and everything "current" will be available to scroll into the datalogger View Lists. You'll see what I mean.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...talog-Segments (Related Datalogger Segment/Cropping Thread)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    The Holley EFI ECU records everything...
    I was attempting to see if there's any way to change this. I.E.: Select the data that the ECU writes to the datafile. For my application, I don't need to datalog all the data for injector drivers #5-#28, cylinder #5-#16, there's 30 Inputs & 45 Outputs I'm not using (yet), etc. Out of the 490 datalogged items, I need about 120 so far. I could cram four times the logged data into a single analysis if I could select the logged data. It appears that isn't possible. Having implemeted logging/display systems myself (although not of this magnitutde), I understand the complexity of adding this capabilty. I just wanted confirmation that I wasn't missing it. Thank you.

You're welcome.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.