Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stalling Issues

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    The Target Air/Fuel Ratio Table & Base Fuel/Timing Table (and MAP kPa & RPM axes/scales) should be configured using the Sniper EFI software: In the Sniper EFI software (LINK), Target Air/Fuel Ratio Table (Fuel ICF) & Base Timing Table (Spark ICF), select "2D Table" Type (not "Simple"). The Target Air/Fuel Ratio Table & Base Timing Table can then be properly configured & tuned for any engine. I always suggest taking notes of your current distributor's ignition timing specs/curves beforehand, and then program the Base Timing Table accordingly.
    https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection (Sniper EFI Software & Holley 558-443 CAN/USB Dongle)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...679#post100679 (Sniper EFI Optional Comm/Data Cable Accessories)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Mopar, I think you need to put some work into your Target A/F Ratio table and your Timing Table. You have 39° of timing at WOT from 500 RPM on up. That is a lot of total timing and unless you're running some serious octane you could be asking for trouble. I usually look for some additional timing in the cruise area of the map and yours does not have any at all, basically your curve has no "vacuum advance" and is very aggressive with timing at low RPM WOT. Your Target A/F Ratio table is also a little backwards to what I'm used to seeing. Typically I see a richer mixture in the idle region and a leaning in the cruise area, your power region looks OK. I think you need to work on these two tables before you start adjusting other parameters. I'd also look at rescaling your graphs, no need to graph to 8000 RPM. This will give you better resolution in the area you drive and help with tuning.
    I have attached a tune I setup for a friend. He has a Dual Sync with a different Reference Angle and a 383 so you won't want to upload this, I'm just sending it so you get a look at a different tune. This 383 makes over 450 horses and really jumps. Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

[B]EDIT:[/U] Well guess what, I sent the text file. Attached is the tune and what it might look like for your engine (updated for your distributor & displacement). I put it at 370 due to you being .060" over.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for the attachment. I need to read up on all of the basics of these graphs as I don’t entirely understand all aspects of them yet.

I see on the 3-D section of how much smoother the timing transition is on the one you setup. Would it be advised to just upload this tune to my ECU and start there?

I've read up on uploading a better timing/fuel table a little. I've verified that TDC is true, but haven’t had much luck trying to determine my Inductive Delay. It seemed as though adjusting it wasn’t solving the slight drift at higher RPM.

Mopar, the Inductive Delay is used to set timing at high RPM. 100 is the standard setting. Once you have your distributor set (done by setting per the instructions) you can then rev the engine and check timing at higher RPM. If the two numbers are not consistent you can adjust he high RPM reading by changing the Inductive Delay (usually in steps of 20 to start).

You can do with that tune what you like, The setup ran well in a stroked SBC. Of course I have to give the usual disclaimer. Good luck and hope it helps.

@Mopar138: There are multiple things that need to be addressed in your tune. VE% Table, Base Timing Table, AE Blanking values, idle speed, etc.

I do remote Holley tuning and can get this sorted out for you. Let me know if I can be of service. Andrew

Andrew, I’d definitely be happy to have any help I could get at this point. Let me know what the next step would be.

@Mopar138: I sent you a PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123