Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stalling Issues

Download your current Global Config File and post it here, or send me a PM and I'll give you my email address. Andrew

Mopar, you can download the file and post it. There are instructions on the Forum. I look forward to seeing it.

Do I just post my Global File here the same way I did my datalog? I looked it up and all I found so far was how to email it. Sorry, very novice at all of this.

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    For further assistance, post your Config File and a short datalog of this occurrence for us to analyze.
    Also, review the datalog and inform us of exactly where in the datalog (time/seconds) the problem occurs.
    Datalog & Global Files can be linked to a document hosting website. I use Dropbox.com.
    Files can also be "zipped" (compressed zipped folder) & attached directly to a forum post ("Go Advanced" & "Attachments").
    Your Config File is in the "Documents", "Holley" folder, "Sniper" folder, "Config Files" folder (.hefi file).
    Your Datalogs are in the "Documents", "Holley" folder, "Sniper" folder, "Data Logs" folder (.dl file).
    Someone will analyze/troubleshoot the problem & offer advice.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqHOtDNiTNA (How To Record & Email A Datalog)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Alright, made it into a zip file and attached it here. Let me know if this works.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Good news is that you zipped a file and posted it. Bad news is that the file you posted is just a text file.

Yeah, that's not your Global Configuration File (HEFI File) or the datalog (.DL file), that's just the information Text Document (.hefi.info file). I explained where to access your Global File in post #14.

The Sniper GCF file is designated by ".Sniper". You need to use the handheld and download your current GCF from the ECU. When you do this you will be looking for the tabs at the bottom of your handheld. The one you're looking for reads "Download From ECU" It will ask you if you want to save it as a different name. I suggest you do so and name it something that has significance to you. Such as the place & date.

Alright, this time I zipped the correct file and posted it here. Thanks for the video tips and all of your patience.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Some quick observations. You have activated the 2D Table for timing control, but the settings are the basic Sniper values. If you look at the graph you'll see that especially at low RPM if you lose vacuum it jumps to 38° just as your engine might be dying. Someone posted an Excel spreadsheet tool the other day that might help, but also check out this article: https://www.efisystempro.com/efi-pro...timing-control. Also, your timing jumps from 15° to 32° in the "normal" driving area over only about 500 RPM. I found easier to replace mine rather than try to straighten out the Sniper default. In the Target AFR you're still using the "Simple" setting. I'd set your idle AFR to 13.5 first, and then convert to the 2D Table. You may want it to idle at 14.7, but the engine dictates the AFR it needs. The combo of too lean and the default timing table are a recipe for stalling. Eventually, if you have the USB cable, you can tune this idle area with the engine running and find the sweet spot for idle timing & AFR. You may be able to bump your timing right in the idle region to 20°, for example, to clean it up. Watch the MAP as you make your changes to see if it's getting better or worse.

I don't know about Mopar cams & lifters, but some engine builders suggest running a higher idle RPM to ensure plenty of oil splash on the cam and lifters. With a street/strip cam you may find that you start to lose too much vacuum if you try to idle it too slow. Others have suggested that the Sniper seems to hold idle and the IAC is easier to get set if you bump up the idle RPM. I would suggest 775 or 800 RPM initially as you're trying to solve the stall. You may be able to go lower eventually but start a little high and work your way down.

On the Basic I/O you may want to disable all the fan and A/C settings unless you're using them. They may not hurt anything but when things don't seem to be working right you should eliminate anything that you don't need.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast