Thread: Dakota Digital Cruise Control & Terminator X Max

Default Dakota Digital Cruise Control & Terminator X Max

I have a LS3 6.2, 4L65E Transmission, and a Terminator X Max. I'd like to install a Cruise Control unit. Dakota Digital provided me with the following that I need help with:
    =======================
    Your pedal should be compatible with the CRC-2000. Otherwise for wiring the module, the big concern is with the speed signal.

For wiring the system, there are two ways we can use the SGI.
    The first requires a speed out/VSS out wire coming from the Max computer system. If your system has one you can run the wire into the SGI’s SPEED INPUT terminal, then we can connect the cruise module’s speed signal wire to one of the output terminals. We also need to know the pulse per mile (PPM) value of the Max’s output speed signal, as the cruise needs to see a 4K PPM speed signal. With the SGI we can adjust any signal the Max is feeding it to match the 4K the cruise needs.

Otherwise we’ll need to find the speed sensor the Max is using and cut both wires coming from it. Afterword the two wires from the sensor go into the SGI’s SPEED INPUT and SPD- terminals, then with the two wires going to the Max ECM one will be a VSS high wire and the second a VSS low wire. The VSS high wire goes to OUT1, then we’ll use a second output terminal to go to the cruise module. The VSS low wire will not be used and can be taped off. The concept of altering the 4K PPM signal for the cruise still applies here as well, so we’ll need to know what PPM signal the speed sensor outputs.

For the PPM value you’ll likely need to ask as it’s hit or miss if it’s mentioned in a manual.
    Otherwise the input speed harness to the X Max ECU is listed in the manual as a 2 wire speed sensor labeled as “VSS”. The manual refers to it as a “Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)/Transmission Out Speed Sensor (OSS)”.
    ==========================

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Robert
    Last edited by 68LS3Camaro; 10-19-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Robert, you already have a VSS input to the ECU from the transmission. From there you can enable the Speedometer Output, input your Gear Ratio & Tire Size and configure it for a 4000 PPM signal. This is all done in the Transmission ICF. Andrew

The directions mention: Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)/Transmission Output Speed Sensor (OSS) – Located on the rear drivers side on a 4L80E and the rear passengers side on a 4L60E.

But I have a 4L65E, so there's not a place on the transmission that the VSS Output Speed Sensor to be plugged into?

4L65 has the same case as the 4L60. You need the VSS on the transmission to go to the ECU, because otherwise it can't properly shift the transmission. Andrew

My bad, it's the "Turbine Speed Sensor" of the Terminator X that there was no were to plug into the 4L65E.

So back the original question, what would be a speed out/VSS out wire coming from the Max computer system, that I can run into the SGI’s SPEED INPUT terminal of the cruise control system?

I already said it in post #2. In the Transmission ICF you enable the Speedometer Output. If you need help with this, I'd be more than happy to help and help with the tune as well. Andrew

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....0291#post30291 (Speedometer Output Info - Dominator ECU/Transmission ICF)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Thanks Andrew. I’ll read through what Danny provided and reach out to you if I still need some help. And thanks for the link, Danny.