Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I/O Harness with Digital Dash & Sniper

Check the reference voltage at the oil sending unit. Andrew
    IG @projectgattago
    I offer remote Holley EFI tuning.
    I deliver what EFI promises.
    Please get in touch if I can be of service.

Looks like I have 4.99 volts between the ground and reference voltage wires at the sensor. Seems good to me.

I should mention that I haven’t yet seen it freak out when looking at a digital gauge reading — only when I create an analog gauge it seems. And even then, it’s an intermittent thing. And like I mentioned before, it clears up if I switch to a different screen then back.

To make things even stranger, today my CTS showed “NAN” when I started the car. I looked at my handheld, and it was reading correctly. These are both getting their data (and power/ground) from the same source, so that’s odd.

Sounds like your Digital Dash is flaky. You can talk to Holley Tech about it, but I'm sure they'll tell you the same things I've already told you. Reboot it, reflash it, unplug it, etc. If none of that works then send it back. Holley is really hard to work with these days, so I buy everything from Summit. Summit accepts returns and will replace things quickly. Holley will replace the part eventually, but sometimes you have to wait on the phone for up to two hours before you can talk to anyone.

Those are my thoughts at this point. Does reloading the firmware result in losing all the custom screens I’ve made? The manual doesn’t mention anything about a backup.

My experiences with Holley support hasn't been very good. Either waiting on hold forever, or doing the email thing where they often don’t respond after the initial response. Pretty frustrating.

I’m going to keep experimenting before I try to send it back or anything. It did come from Summit, so I guess that’s an option.

I don't believe you'll loose your screens. I've modified some of the default screens and have never lost them after a firmware update.

No, custom screens aren't lost after a Digital Dash firmware update. However, you should always save your Digital Dash custom screens layout.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley EFI 553-106 Digital Dash Instruction Manual - "Saving Your Layout" & "Exporting Layouts", Page 29)

The EFI (laptop/PC) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit must all be version compatible (LINK). Also, try temporarily removing the USB flash drive if you have one connected.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

USB flash drive? I don’t have one connected the the Digital Dash, as I thought I could save to internal storage. Not sure if that’s what you’re referring to.

Forget I mentioned it.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Would you recommend backing up my layouts to an external USB instead of the internal storage?

Internal storage is fine. I've always saved my Digital Dash Layout(s) internally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12