Thread: Circuit & Relay Sanity Check

Default Circuit & Relay Sanity Check

Terminator 4BBL, Dual Sync, CNP. I'm retrofitting a Terminator EFI 4BBL system into a 1971 Ford.
    I'm using the factory harness and running a couple of relay panels to handle all of the modern functions. The car has a GM 1-wire alternator and a battery relocation already. I know I'll need to run clean power & ground for the EFI ECU, but I want to make sure I haven't missed any other relay requirements in the engine bay before I order my final components. This is outside of starter components and the electric fan relays, which are Volvo units sourced from the yard. The fuel pump relay is in the trunk and triggered by the EFI signal wire.

The setup: Holley Terminator EFI 4BBL atop a 347 stroker. I have a set of LS D581 "truck" coils mounted on the valve covers, a Holley Dual Sync distributor with the blank cap. I know I'll need the appropriate harnesses for the coils from reading Danny's posts.

Fused +12V Relays Needed:
    One Dual Sync distributor unit relay (to power the two +12V switched circuits together (single 20A).
    Two coil feed relays (as the documentation suggests +12V switched capable of 20A for each sub-harness).

Should I consider running a Bosch 40 amp unit and combining the coil feeds into a single circuit? Anything else I've missed? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by gmtech13; 10-19-2020 at 10:40 AM.