Thread: Strain Gauge

Default Strain Gauge

How would I best setup a strain gauge to either activate Rev Limiter #2 and or an ignition cut? The strain gauge would output a constant 2.5V and depending on which way the shifter is moved the output would change from 2.5V to .5V or 2.5V to 5V. Ideally I'd like to activate Rev Limiter #2, but also have control on how long the Rev Limiter is activated. Thoughts?

Sounds like you're trying to implement some sort of "flat shift" strategy. I've been begging Holley to add a flat shift configurator into the EFI software. Nobody seems to care about it.

Anyways, what you're trying to do is actually fairly complicated. Your best bet is using the Advanced ICF. People have claimed they've done it, but I've never seen a tune where it was done. Andrew

You're correct, it's for a flat shift setup.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...9049&source=48
    There's a discussion about this at the above link. For drag racing, it seems most people set it up with the rev limiters. What exactly are you working on and how is it being used? Andrew