Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Distributor versus ECU controlled spark.

Please let me know if I can be of service with the tuning. Andrew

I'll do that. I plan to perform a datalog of this trip.

I'm in the process of setting up the Global File in V5. I notice that the fuel pressure for TBI systems is at 21 psi. I have been running 43 psi prior to noticing this lower fuel pressure. Should I lower my fuel pressure setting?

Set the pressure to 43 psi in the EFI software it should match what your actual fuel pressure is. Joey.S

I have two datalogs with two separate Target AFR values. They are each about 45 seconds long and I would consider this a pretty smooth idle at 750 to 800 RPM. My current problem is that I have a IAC Position at 0% and TPS at 0% and the idle adjustment screw backed all the way out and can not get the idle to lower to suggested 650 RPM. I have taped off the IAC port and the idle does not change. Shut engine off with IAC port closed and restart with it open still idles at 750 to 800. Thoughts? I can upload via Dropbox with an address.

@1967RS/SS: If the engine idles with the TPS & IAC both at zero and the idle screw back out, then you have a vacuum leak.

I've used the Overlay feature of the V5 EFI software to open a datalog and my custom Global File. When I look at the base system fuel flow rate, there's a green circle with yellow inside of four squares. MAP at 35 to 42 and RPM 700 to 900. Is this an area to adjust my Base Fuel Table? Base Timing Table shows similar MAP 39 to 42 RPM 500 to 1000. Learning only got to 35%. Is this information helpful for tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by 1967RS/SS View Post
    When I look at the base system fuel flow rate, there's a green circle with yellow inside of four squares.
    Well, what's the idle Fuel Flow value? Also, it's called the live cursor.

When the RPM is 700, MAP @ 42, fuel is at 4.250, MAP @ 35, fuel is 3.015. RPM 900, MAP @ 42, fuel is 6.205, MAP @ 35 fuel is 4.528. These values were downloaded onto my 3.5" TSLCD memory card then onto my laptop. I'm not connected to the ECU at this time as I need to purchase the USB to CAN cable.

I've since used the smooth feature and the four cells have new values now. Can I now transfer the tuning change to my SD card?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12