Thread: Hard Start When At Temperature

Default Hard Start When At Temperature

Setup is a boosted SBF. During cold start I can reach in and turn the key, car starts no problem. When the car is at temperature reaching in it turns over no problem, but won't start. I have to slightly press the pedal during start and it'll start without any issues. What tables should I start to make adjustments to correct. Everything else is fine with the car. Thanks.

If you take the time to study this, you'll be a startup tuning expert, and read the "TIP" in post #6:
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....6254#post36254 (Good Starting Advice Thread - Especially posts #2, #4 & #6.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

@Sickfox: Raise the IAC Parked Position when hot. Sounds like it's fine when cold.

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....7913#post77913 (Related Cranking/Startup Tuning Post)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Thanks guys for your help. Sounds like an easy fix with a little trial & error and since it's involving the IAC, a TPS Autoset should be done as well. I'll post my outcome soon. Thanks!

You shouldn't need to touch the idle screw, so no need for a TPS Autoset. Just raise the IAC Parked Position at the temp where you're having the issue.

Quick update. I raised the IAC Parked Position across the board and have noticed a difference in startup. It starts and idles better. Thanks for the help!

Yeah, that's the nice thing about EFI. You just have to click the mouse a couple of times and you solve the problem. The key of course is knowing where to point the mouse when you click it.