Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanity Check: AFR Issue & General Tune Review

Default Sanity Check: AFR Issue & General Tune Review

I was wondering if you guys can do me a favor and give me some advice on my configuration and some additional help with AFR Bank-To-Bank.

For the AFR issue:
    1) I've seen the thread for the AFR issues, I have added a ground (4 AWG) to the back of the heads and then a 2 AWG to frame. I have one standard GM gauge wire from the passenger from head to the negative of the battery, I have swapped the WBO2 Bank-To-Bank. The engine has 10K on it and the heads were put in about two years ago (brand new AFR 220). 11.1, 6 inch rods, .040 over, 409 Cubic inches over 560 HP & 530 TQ this was checked before the Dominator. I should be better and it feels a lot better.
    2) I had the fuel pressure regulator with a vacuum line. I've now disconnected it and it's more noticeable and you can feel the rear twist up to 7K.
    3) Plugs don't look out of the ordinary.

Overall:
    Car performs awesome and all I can complain about is when I'm clutching in to slow down the engine goes lean.

I plan on going racing on the 16th, so I'll know more, but can you guys look and see if I'm good enough to be safe and still perform.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just a few questions. I'm assuming this is a N/A application, based on your MAP sensor choice. But you're showing 2.5 psig of boost or 120 kPa at WOT. Why?
    Why do you have such high values in your Base Fuel Table in the 0 & 4 kPa rows? This is dumping a lot of fuel into it between shifts.
    Why do you have an Offset in your oil & fuel sensors.
    Why do you have your Target AFR down at 12.2, above 5000 RPM, at WOT?
    My Dominator reads a little richer on the right side. I tune to the left WBO2. I previously had an HP ECU, when I switched to the Dominator and used the same Global File, my Learn values did not change when using the left WBO2 sensor to tune with. I'm assuming from my experience that my left WBO2 sensor is the correct one in my application. My plugs looked the same when comparing bank to bank.
    The spikes you see in your right WBO2 trace could be EMI, but I would lean towards an exhaust leak first. I get some spikes like that on my right WBO2, but I'm pretty sure it's a collector gasket. I had it apart several times and reused the gasket.
    Your Duty Cycle is over 90% and in one place, over 95%. Get bigger injectors. Your IEA in your WOT area is off, but with a Duty Cycle that high it probably doesn't make a difference.

See answers:
    Yes, I'm N/A. That's strange that my MAP sensor will show that; could be a faulty one, but it's a Holley 538-24 and new.
    The car is in Learn mode so those values have not been touched.
    The Offset is because it did not match 100% to known sensors, I have a fuel rail gauge and in Car gauge and both are the same the Holley one was off.
    Again that is what the default for my CAM combination called for. I don't think at 12.2 WBO2 value above 5K with a 550+ HP engine would be too fat.
    So you tune to the left to protect from getting too lean make sense. I'll try to tune to the left as that is too lean and then maybe take -5% from the right to balance out.
    I have ball socket so no gasket. I did take it all apart and re-welded my setup to make sure no leaks. That being said. I might not have blow out leaks, but suck in leaks which is harder to find.
    I had 45 lb/hr injectors on it and it ran like crap on the OLD computer. I'm now on 35 lb/hr. I can swap them. Thoughts?
    Last edited by czizza; 09-23-2020 at 12:14 PM.

I'd go to bigger injectors, that way your Duty Cycle drops. When I tested my Dominator the leaner bank followed the right side WBO2 input, not which sensor I used or which bank it was actually in. My conclusion was that, in my case, the discrepancy was in the ECU not the sensor or engine. I have two bungs on the left bank and I can run both sensors on the same side at the same time. I use the right WBO2 for monitoring only. When I changed my intake and one of my injectors got something in it and I had a miss, it was real easy to see it was on the right side.
    You need to fix the bottom two rows in your Base Fuel Table. It dumps a lot of fuel in it when you shift gears.
    Your Minimum Injector Opening Time is at 0 msec; you could raise that to help the lean spot when you decelerate.

I'm going to swap out the injectors this week to 45 lb/hr ones. Can you elaborate more on how to change the bottom two rows in the Base Fuel Table, and the fuel dumping? What do you set them to? Also, Minimum Injector Opening Time, what would you set that to as well?

Quote Originally Posted by czizza View Post
    Can you elaborate more on how to change the bottom two rows in the Base Fuel Table, and the fuel dumping? What do you set them to?
    Read the 4th & 5th paragraphs, and the last two links in 5th paragraph: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2523#post62523 (Holley EFI Tuning Tips & Information)

Quote Originally Posted by czizza View Post
    Also, Minimum Injector Opening Time, what would you set that to as well?
    1.00 msec.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Okay, I put in 42.5 lb/hr injectors, old ones were 36 lb/hr. I changed the main screen for the Dominator to reflect the injectors. I guess some driving would clean up the map? I made the change to 1.00 ms Minimum Injector Opening Time. When you're referring to the bottom of the fuel table, are you referring yellow highlighted area?

Guys, thanks for all of the input. Can I ask another question? How much driving do I need to get the new injectors to settle in?

If the Fuel Injector Information is programmed correctly in Engine Parameters, there is no time frame. The ECU recalculates the fueling change based on new injector size.

Thanks Danny. I set that correctly. I'm just seeing my left WBO2 sensor jumping. Let me remove it and see how it looks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast