Thread: More than one +12V Output to single source?

Default More than one +12V Output to single source?

Please don't flame me to badly for asking. Is it possible to safely have two 12 volt Output signals from the ECU going to one source?
    I'd like to setup one warning light, Auto Meter Pro Light, and feed either low oil pressure, high ECT or low fuel pressure to it.

I was considering installing diodes from each +12V Output from the Holley ECU to prevent backfeeding.
    The safer alternative, install small LED lights like Auto Meter LED bulb kits, is not my preference.

You mean one ECU Pin Map Output feeding two 12V Output signals? Yes, as long as the Output doesn't exceed 2 amps. Also, the Outputs Configure screen has a "Linked Outputs" option, if that helps.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

If you have one warning light that serves several functions, you can simple program the desired conditions under which the Output will activate, using the OR logic. In other words, activate when oil pressure is below 10 psi OR when CTS is above 210° OR fuel pressure below 50 psi, etc. Andrew
    IG @projectgattago
    I offer remote Holley EFI tuning.
    I deliver what EFI promises.
    Please get in touch if I can be of service.

Andrewb79, thank you, this is exactly what I was searching for!

I have Fuel/Oil Pressures and CTS that trigger a warning light using OR logic.

In Advanced Tables, I have this Output trigger a 1D Table. In this table it has Timing Offset vs. RPM.

It pulls -30° of timing out above 2000 RPM so that low oil and fuel pressures allow the engine to start. Thanks ALL.

Be careful with that. It's probably better to pull Dwell Time.

Quote Originally Posted by HRH View Post

It pulls -30° of timing out above 2000 RPM so that low oil and fuel pressures allow the engine to start. Thanks ALL.
    I've read this line about 50 times, can you explain this theory?
    -30°? From 40° down to 10°? Why do you want the engine to start if it DOES have low oil pressure? Gary

The starter has to turn the engine over on it's on when all the timing is out. If there is timing in the engine when the starter turns over the engine, the engine starts firing and helps the starter and battery.

We were scratching our heads why I kept losing starters and batteries were running out of juice. I remembered I had turned on Warning Timing Offset and entered -30° for low oil & fuel pressures, in the Sensor/Scaling & Warning menu.

Now, Low Oil Pres, Low Fuel Pres & High CTS still activate the warning light on startup. If I miss or ignore the light, at 1000 RPM, all the timing drops out. My engine idles around 875 to 900 RPM. Maybe someone will show me an easier way. Thanks.
    Last edited by HRH; 09-20-2020 at 09:00 PM.

That makes more sense now. Gary