Thread: Simple Voltage Question

Default Simple Voltage Question

I have a Terminator X 550-905 installed on my LS3 in my '81 Malibu. The car just shutoff while running about a month ago and I haven’t had much time to mess with it until now. This isn’t a new install and has been in the car for over a year. Only new thing is the engine being rebuilt and freshly installed.
    LEDs are all green and cam sensor shows a blue LED. Checking the connectors for the cam & crank sensor connector, verified pin C on cam sensor connector and pin A on crank sensor connector having +12V. I’m only getting 2V on the cam/crank connectors for signal instead of 5V. Grounds on both were Ohmed out good. That’s with engine off and key on.
    I’ve checked for broken wires and any other form of damage I can think of that could’ve potentially happened with no luck. I tried cleaning up the head grounds as well, but could the 2V be caused by the grounds just not being as clean as needed, or is there something else I should be looking for? Thanks guys!

Blue LED indicates Gap. Assuming this means too large Air Gap. Have you checked your sensor gaps or removed them to visually inspect for damage? You mentioned your engine was rebuilt, which is why I ask.

Also, how did you take your voltage measurements? Did you perform voltage drop tests by back probing with key-on/engine-off, or back probing with key-on/engine-on, or were they taken from the pins with the connectors disconnected?
    Last edited by Danny Cabral; 09-29-2020 at 02:47 AM.