Thread: 7" Digital Dash Question

Default 7" Digital Dash Question

I have a 7" Digital Dash. I cannot view a datalog on the screen. I cannot change any of the "tune" parameters in the ECU through the dash. (I thought this was capable?) The Digital Dash works, it reads all functions of the ECU, it can download datalogs to a stick. I've had it for quite a few years, and I'd like to see if I'm getting the most out of the unit possible. What am I doing wrong? I attached some pics of the fimware version installed. TIA. Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1142.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	10472   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1141.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	10473  

If you're using this with a Dominator, you can definitely do some tuning with the 7" Digital Dash. When you hit the Menu button, is there a Tuning option? Does the firmware on the ECU match that of the Digital Dash? Andrew

Yes, using with a Dominator. There's no tuning option under Menu. I updated the Digital Dash & ECU with the latest firmware versions. At the same time I installed V5 in the ECU. So I believe they're compatible. Is there a specific way to check? This also didnt work with V4, and the Digital Dash firmware available at that time either.

Did you upgrade the firmware on the Digital Dash? Tuning on the Digital Dash has been a feature for a long time. I want to say since V4. Andrew

I believe I have the lastest firmware. I attached a picture of the Digital Dash info in my original post. I downloaded the V5 complete file set (which says it includes the Digital Dash firmware) from Holley, and installed the whole set when upgrading the ECU to V5. I followed the instructions for installing the Digital Dash firmware at the time, and it seemed to upload correctly without any issues. Maybe I'll try to upload just the Digital Dash firmware by itself and see if that works. I believe I tried that awhile back, but I'll try it again tonight and report back. Thanks.

Thanks guys! I used a different USB stick and just installed the dash firmware by itself. It now has the tuning & datalog playback ability. I kept seeing the "version 5.0 170" on the Digital Dash, thinking it was the dash version, when with simple reading, it clearly says "ECU" next to it. As I see now in the picture that I posted, at the top it says software "version 3.0 20" was installed and V5 never installed correctly originally. What a bone head I am! Thanks for helping me open my damn eyes! LOL.

Glad you got it sorted out! If I can be of help with the tuning, let me know. Andrew