Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Dash Logging Issue

Default Pro Dash Logging Issue

I recently updated to the latest firmware on my 6.86" Pro Dash and having an issue with the datalogging files displaying the data activity on my computer. Prior to the build "82" update I was able to take a datalog recorded from the Pro Dash and upload it to my laptop, view it running latest V2 EFI software no problems. Also odd thing is that my GPS clock settings are set correctly, however, the log files continue to be one hour behind when uploaded to the computer.

Hope you figure it out and let me know. I updated the firmware and my datalogs have negative time 3 out of 4 times. Research says that's EMI, but only thing changed is firmware. Datalogging from ECU never has an issue and doesn't show any resets.

After typing message above, I checked firmware and there's a 5.0.82. I was running 5.0.79. I now have my AFR back (lost after V2 Terminator upgrade), and I'm hopeful my datalogs will work again since I see 5.0.81 "Fixed Terminator X V2.0 local datalog record format".

Thanks for the info. I always suggest updating to the latest EFI software/ECU firmware.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

I really hope Holley can resolve this issue soon with another update. I love this Pro Dash, but since the recent update making the datalogs unusable I can't use it to tune the car with the GPS speed data.

I've vetted all I can and ruled out EMI. The issue seems to be within current build 82 firmware. More specifically the datalogs files are now showing up as .dlz similar to the HP/Dominator. However upon decompressing the ".dlz" zip file, it splits itself into several smaller .dl files. I ruled out whether it was a local issue with my computer by repeating the process on a separate PC, no dice. Only other option I can think of to do now is revert back to the V1 software for the ECU & Handheld and see if that yields results.

The .dlz file thing is normal for me, annoying but normal. Are you opening the .dlz in the desktop EFI software or on the dash? There's an option in one of the menus to save datalogs for the stand-alone viewer. You might try that.

@JimH: Tried that as well, but it records the data in a .hdl which is only viewable from the stand-alone software and can't be overlayed with current tune. I'm going to revert back to the V1 and see if it fixes it. Have you tried opening a datalog on the computer since the .82 firmware update? Also are you running V1 or V2?

I'm running V2 on a Terminator. I haven't datalogged since the upgrade. I'll see what it does tonight and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
    @JimH: Tried that as well, but it records the data in a .hdl which is only viewable from the stand-alone software and can't be overlayed with current tune. I'm going to revert back to the V1 and see if it fixes it. Have you tried opening a datalog on the computer since the .82 firmware update? Also are you running V1 or V2?
    I created a short datalog with version .82 firmware and V2.03 Terminator desktop. I replayed the datalog on Pro Dash and it worked. I opened first two times in desktop EFI software and it locked up. I moved file to computer off flash drive and it opened without issue. Put it back on flash drive and it opened several times without issue. The two times it got stuck it created a .flip file on the flash drive, but no uncompressed file. So it worked, just wasn't pretty the first couple times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast