Thread: New Guy Hardware Setup

Default New Guy Hardware Setup

I have some really basic questions so far. I'm only at the setup stages. I built a 496 for my '66 Chevelle and have the Terminator X MPFI system. I'm laying out the harness before the engine goes in. Using the GM HEI with the 558-304 harness. The main harness has a white wire for "points output" I imagine this will go on the (-) side of the ignition coil. What's the coiled up white wire on the 558-304 harness? I want to be ready to go to the dyno soon. I'll get my first lessons there. I believe I can learn pretty quick. I teach small engine EFI (Delphi), so I have a basic feel for ECU logic. In my world, we only control ignition timing, fuel amount & timing based on outside inputs of speed, load, temp, WBO2 readings. I'm used to seeing TPS & MAP track together. Never dealt with IAC, so I'm sure that just opens a gap on the graph. Looking forward to learning as I go!

Have you read the wiring manual?Andrew

IAC is Idle Air Control, nearly every engine uses some form of IAC. Gary

I only have the EFI harness booklet that came with the 550-936 ECU & harness kit. It starts with "Do's & Don'ts". I don't have any info on the 558-304 harness adapter. In the booklet I find A6 is a white wire in the main harness (points trigger output). I guess I'm confused by the second white wire hanging from the distributor. Is there another wiring manual I'm missing that would make this easier?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz64 View Post
    IAC is Idle Air Control, nearly every engine uses some form of IAC.
    Gary
    I understand IAC controls air flow based in requested engine speed. I'm used to looking at the TPS and MAP on a graph. They tend to track together. I imagine adding the IAC would open the gap between these two lines (TPS & MAP) on a graph allowing for a lower TPS reading at low speed or just off idle. Just guessing, but here to learn.

Wow, there is another manual out there. Just went out searching and found the "Quick Start Manual". This is going to make things much easier. Wish it would have been included in my box of goodies. Thanks for asking the obvious question.

https://forums.holley.com/showthread...n-Instructions (Terminator X EFI Software Help Information/Instructions)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.