Thread: Failed Update/Needed software/firmware?

Default Failed Update/Needed software/firmware?

Good Evening. Sorry to post this up first time posting, but need some guidance and customer support is MIA. Long story short, have the Terminator setup (Not X!). So we did a quick basic tune on 454, which had a big cam and decided to drop down on cam setup for the street and it's in a truck. Figured we should start over with new tune since changing cam and noticed the V5 update.

Did not save old tune because of the change and wanted to start over. I couldn't find any software for just Terminator so figured the "X" must have replaced it. After searching forum I see that was a major fail on my part.

Can someone email me the files I need to upload or point me to what files I need to use, as I see no Versions that are Terminator! Should I be using Sniper or Holley files? When I bought the unit it already had V4 on it. I did try different ways to get needed Holley data onboard, but always fails TPS Autoset and says missing needed Holley data. Thanks in advance for guidance, Adam Hammill

Quote Originally Posted by NMcarGuy View Post
    Figured we should start over with new tune since changing cam and noticed the V5 update.
    http://www.holley.com/support/resources/#Fuel_Injection (Holley EFI Technical Library)

I couldn't find any software for just Terminator so figured the "X" must have replaced it. After searching forum I see that was a major fail on my part.
    Yes, that was wrong.

Can someone email me the files I need to upload or point me to what files I need to use, as I see no Versions that are Terminator!
    A Terminator ECU is an HP ECU; same ECU, just a different decal. Download the Holley EFI software to your laptop (LINK),
    open the software with the USB cable (LINK/LINK) connected, click on "USB Link" to go "Online" with the ECU, and select "Get From
    ECU", (if there's still a Global Folder/File in it), or "Send To ECU" (if you're selecting a new base calibration to upload into the ECU).

Should I be using Sniper or Holley files?
    Holley V4 or V5 EFI software/ECU firmware. Not the Sniper EFI software!

When I bought the unit it already had V4 on it. I did try different ways to get needed Holley data onboard, but always fails TPS Autoset and says missing needed Holley data.
    The EFI (laptop/PC) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit must all be version compatible (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.