Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What throttle body on Holley intake?

Default What throttle body on Holley intake?

I'm ordering a stock remanufactured 5.3L and I want to put a Holley intake on it. My stock one is nasty inside and out and I just like the looks of an aftermarket intake. I have a Terminator ECU/harness to go on it, but I bought it for DBW since that's what I currently have. But all of the Holley throttle bodies I see are cable driven. What are my options? I'd rather stick with DBW if possible. Thanks.

Do you have the Terminator X Max? Is this a Gen 3 or Gen 4 engine? Andrew

Yeah, X Max with DBW and no transmission control, Gen 3.

I'd pick any number of Holley intakes that accept a 4-bolt Gen 4 TB. Look in the Terminator X Max install guide for approved part numbers. For a 5.3L, I'd choose the slightly smaller 87 mm truck TB. Look up 2009 Colorado truck with 5.3L. Andrew
    IG @projectgattago
    I offer remote Holley EFI tuning.
    I deliver what EFI promises.
    Please get in touch if I can be of service.

So I can use a stock 4-bolt TB off a Gen 4? I don't need anything fancy, I just mainly want to me able to use a Holley intake.

That's correct. The list of approved throttle bodies is in the manual. Andrew

Sorry to keep on, but all I can find is there on the page it says, "Designed to work with GM Throttle body P/Ns - 12570800."
    https://www.holley.com/products/ls_p.../parts/550-930

Download the instruction manual. It's in the link you posted.
    IG @projectgattago
    I offer remote Holley EFI tuning.
    I deliver what EFI promises.
    Please get in touch if I can be of service.

OK, I found it. It seems to work with most throttle bodies, but it says my kit comes with the early truck DBW harness, which would mean I could only use a 3-bolt TB. Looks like I may need to just send it back and swap it for another harness and go back to a cable driven TB. I wish Holley had a chat feature, I've about give up trying to get someone on the phone.

Did you already buy it? I'd exchange it for a kit that uses the Gen 4 DBW TB. It's just a matter of a difference in the DBW harness. The ECUs are all the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast