Thread: ATOMIC EFI LS for an L83?

Default ATOMIC EFI LS for an L83?

I just picked up an L83 (GEN V 5.3L) that I'll be doing a DOD/AFM delete, an wondering if I can use my Atomic LS #2960 kit
    to run this engine? Not seeing any info at the moment on this, and not coming up with anything under the L83 search criteria. My big concern at the moment is the fitment of the fuel rails. This engine runs a 58x reluctor wheel. Thanks!

Are you going to delete the direct injection?

Personally, I'd sell the Atomic system (if you already own it) and get the new Terminator X V2, which has support for direct injection. There are significant gains to be had with direct injection. Andrew

Thanks Andrew. I learned yesterday that unfortunately the Gen V engine is not compatible with some of the Gen III items that I already have, and
    need due to the confined space in the engine compartment for this build, including exhaust and the oil pan. I'm aware of the ICT conversion pieces, but I can't run
    any of the oil pans I've seen. I have a LS batwing pan for my setup. One of the few times I've made a mistake like this.
    I'm fortunate that I don't have a ton of money in the long block at this point. Now leaving with my tail between my legs, hopefully to find a Gen IV long block.

Just out of curiosity, what are you working on? Andrew

It's a 74' Porsche 914, with a Porsche Boxster S 6 speed transaxle. Upgraded brakes, wheels, suspension.

That's awesome. You should start a build thread on Pro-Touring.com. The guys over there would love it! Andrew