Thread: 112-588 vs. 112-577

Default 112-588 vs. 112-577

Anyone have any experience comparing these two throttle bodies? I'm about to buy four of them so want to make sure I buy the right thing. Don't mind spending the extra money on the 112-577, but I'm not really seeing from the page what the advantages are? Description does mention the offset throttle shafts, and I can see linkages are a little different, is it worth it? Idle manners are going to be VERY important in this application, so if that could be the difference, I'm all for it. They'll be going dual quad on top of 1071 blowers feeding 572 tall deck BBC in an offshore powerboat. Thanks! Joe

The 112-588 is a cast 4BBL 1000 CFM throttle body with one additional sensor (IAT) and Ford/GM transmission kickdown/TV levers. The 112-577 is a billet 1000 CFM throttle body (more of a universal racing orientated part).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Thanks Danny! So the 112-588 has IAT built-in, but the 112-577 does not? Does not matter too much, I have a spot in my flame arrestors for IAT sensor if need be, although not sure if maybe a little more accurate that sensor being right in the body vs just in the air cleaner, probably negligible I'd think?

Next Question. Do you know where I could find a drawing showing dimensions of #17-92? New plan. I'm thinking of running 2x4 of whichever of the 1000 cfm mentioned above, plus the 17-92 injector plate with 120 lb/hr, powered by the HP ECU, probably get the HP kit 550-604. This keeps linkages simple, since I can have them to the side and just a simple tie bar, and I like how on the 17-92 angles the injectors right into the blower. Essentially seems like the best fueling I can get without going to port injection, ha ha. The rear of the fuel rails on the 17-92 are open to go to a regulator correct? Assume so, just they only have the one pic of the front side on site. Thanks! Joe

One more thing. I know with cars it's probably overkill, but in marine application turning big props the load dump can be pretty harsh shifting into gear, and I’ve heard it helps to run dual IACs. Would this be difficult to wire in/can the HP power dual IAC? Or would you just be splicing in so both get same signal? I see in main harness only one connector for it. Thanks, Joe

Quote Originally Posted by JDWildCard37 View Post
    Would this be difficult to wire in/can the HP power dual IAC? Or would you just be splicing in so both get same signal?
    Yes, the HP/Dominator ECUs can run two IAC motors. Simply splice the wiring together.
    See item #14: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....neral-IAC-Info (General IAC Information - Read "IAC NOTES")

Thanks. I bookmarked that thread, a lot of good info!

You're welcome.