Thread: New Guy from Buffalo NY with a new Sniper 4500 Stealth.

Default New Guy from Buffalo NY with a new Sniper 4500 Stealth.

So I’ve been wanting one of these systems since they came out with the 4500. I was told by a very big in the know EFI guru probably less than a year earlier, the 4500 throttle body would never happen. So glad his prediction was wrong. And happy I finally pulled the $1800 carb off. Carb is great for racing, but cold starts and street driving have so many more temperature variables, the EFI is much better suited for.

I had a Tunnel Ram Bug catcher years ago on my 484 Hemi in this same car, and that was tough to drive on the street if you gave it all the fuel it wanted. It also did not have any self learning features and the datalogging could be buggy to get it to work. It was a FAST system. I had to keep two programs, one for street and one for race. It flowed 2100 cfm with one of the bug catcher positions blocked off, and the issue was throttle tip-in. It was so aggressive as it uncovered so much air so quickly, I could not give it full fuel on the street.

So now, 20 years later, I have a 605 Hemi engine in the car, and as much as I would like a tunnel ram bug catcher. No way am I going to be able to drive it. So the progressive linkage of a 4500 is perfect. It's learning and running pretty good. I'm hoping it's compatible with leaded race fuel, as I'd like to build a ProCharged blow through with this setup next for street/strip.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hemi966.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	10234Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200529_184153.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	10235
    Last edited by Dragula; 08-03-2020 at 12:50 PM.