Thread: Load Error 3.5" Handheld

Default Load Error 3.5" Handheld

I download current GCF from ECU to handheld SD card, remove SD card, plug into laptop, make changes to timing table and Target AFR, save GF to correct location on SD card, remove SD card from laptop and install in handheld, try to upload modified GF to ECU and get "load error". What am I doing wrong?

By any chance did you use the regular Terminator V2 EFI software? I had a similar problem during my last revision. I downloaded the new version of Terminator X EFI software and it automatically reconfigured my SD card and I'd get an error message when I'd try to upload the new tune from the SD card. If so, you'll need to download the "Version 2 SD card contents" and do the process all over. Make sure you save you tune file on your desktop prior to updating the SD card. Link to Download page: https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection

Yes, be careful. Terminator X is not the same EFI system as the regular Terminator EFI. They use different EFI software programs.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Thank you both for the feedback, let me update you. I'm running Terminator X version Build 102, what was shipped to me. If going to build 121 addresses my problem, I'm good to go and I'll ll update after this is resolved to avoid introducing another variable. Simply put, I can do it all using laptop & SD card, can't use SD card in handheld to load, unless I download GCF file from ECU first, then that GCF will upload from handheld. Use Terminator X EFI software on laptop to update the SD card GCF, the file won't upload from the handheld. Use laptop to run the Terminator X program on the SD card, update the GCF, put the SD card in the handheld, get error, won't load. Use laptop to load: Run the SD card Terminator X program, upload GCF on the SD card to the ECU no problem. Running the Terminator X program on laptop, GCF upload to ECU no problem. Same SD card, put in handheld, try to upload GCF and get error, won't load.

The answer is the firmware (AKA) software on my computer somehow updated to V1 1.121. However, my ECU didn't update, so I've been trying to make two revisions work together. Please search on Handheld/Laptop Issue, go to last post, which is a YouTube video of the process. Trust me when I tell you unless you've done this before it's NOT intuitive!
    Last edited by Fox Freak; 08-06-2020 at 08:54 PM.