X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 51FTY73
    • Jul 2020

No Communication Issue

Hey guys been reading forum looking for answers. Bought Terminator HP kit in 2017, finally got to finishing build in March. Long story short, opened box and no ECU. Holley sent me HP ecu that was supposed to come with kit and ever since I'm unable to get to "setup". Seems to have no comm with ECU, was talking with tech assist, sent me new handheld to no avail. I tried to email tech assist and no answers. When I try to update ECU firmware screen always reads "No File Found". I've tried every download on website that might pertain and a few different SD cards. Kit 550-424. Need help, car has been ready to start since March, not much hair left to pull.
  • andrewb70
    • Dec 2014

The software on your computer and the firmware on the ECU probably don't match. I'd download the whole installation package for V5 build 171 and methodically go through the process of updating the ECU, handheld, and laptop EFI software. Andrew
    Instagram: @projectgattago
    Offering remote Holley EFI tuning.
    I deliver what EFI promises.
    Please get in touch if I can be of service.

Comment

• Danny Cabral
      Administrator
      • Dec 2009

Yes, the EFI (laptop/PC) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit must all be version compatible (LINK).
      May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
      '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, Eagle 3.470" forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, Wiseco 4.200" forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA H/R camshaft, Trick Flow R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes SS dual 2.5" exhaust, SS off-road X-pipe, SS shorty headers, OEM smog pump converted vacuum pump, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, highly modified Ford 4R70W transmission, FTI 9.5"/3000 stall/triple disc TCC, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.73 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

• 51FTY73
        • Jul 2020

OK the V5 build complete file set. I'll try that tomorrow at work. I was told I could update all through handheld. Not the case? Wasn’t able to link with laptop either, that’s why I’m asking.

Comment

• Danny Cabral
          Administrator
          • Dec 2009

The ECU can be updated from the 3.5" TSLCD, but the safest way is to update each Holley EFI device independently.
          '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, Eagle 3.470" forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, Wiseco 4.200" forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA H/R camshaft, Trick Flow R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes SS dual 2.5" exhaust, SS off-road X-pipe, SS shorty headers, OEM smog pump converted vacuum pump, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, highly modified Ford 4R70W transmission, FTI 9.5"/3000 stall/triple disc TCC, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.73 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

• andrewb70
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by 51FTY73 View Post
            OK the V5 build complete file set. I'll try that tomorrow at work. I was told I could update all through handheld. Not the case? Wasn’t able to link with laptop either, that’s why I’m asking.
            The communication issues from the laptop can possibly be a Windows driver issue and not necessarily anything to do with the Holley EFI software. Andrew

Comment

• 51FTY73
              • Jul 2020

Tried to update firmware from laptop and getting communication issue with ECU message. Retried several times times, same message. Using Windows 10 Pro. Power and ground good to ECU, battery charged. Not sure what to try next.

Comment

• andrewb70
                • Dec 2014

Got another laptop handy? Try that. Also, are you putting power to the red/white wire? That is actually what powers up the ECU. Andrew

Comment

• 51FTY73
                  • Jul 2020

Yes, ignition power to red\white wire, handheld powers up. Believe handheld get power also from red\white wire? I'll try to find another laptop, all laptops here have Windows 10. GM requires Windows 10 to run our programs. (GM Dealer).

Comment

• Danny Cabral
                    Administrator
                    • Dec 2009

Did you click on "USB Link" in order to go "Online" with the ECU? Does your computer's Device Manager indicate it's connected? If so, try restarting your laptop. Some laptops are full of background programs. Temporarily disabling antivirus software programs seems to be a common resolution. A cordless mouse can cause problems too. Also, ensure the EFI software is set to run as an "Administrator" (right click for Properties/Advanced).

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
                    Laptop "Online" Communication With ECU:
                    Next to the “Toolbox” button, is a button to indicate the following status of ECU/laptop communications.
                    Offline: Is shown when the ECU is not powered or the USB cable is not connected.
                    USB Link: Is shown when the ECU is powered and USB connectivity is established.
                    However, the user has not chosen to select the “Online” mode,
                    and the Laptop & ECU are not communicating with each other.
                    Changes made at this time on the laptop, are not being updated in the ECU.
                    Online: Is shown when the Laptop and ECU are communicating.
                    At this point, changes made with the laptop are real-time updated in the ECU.
                    Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
                    EFI Software Problems:
                    Often times, when EFI software related functions don't work properly, it's caused by a corrupted software download/installation.
                    I suggest completely removing the Holley EFI software from the "Control Panel", "My Documents" (Holley folder) and the
                    "C:Drive" (Program Files, Holley folder) and install a fresh EFI software download. Save your Global File somewhere.
                    ECU Firmware Problems:
                    Conversely, often times, when actual ECU related functions don't work properly, it's caused by a corrupted ECU firmware installation.
                    As a last resort, you can try reflashing the ECU firmware version (LINK). The ECU firmware is in with the software download (LINK).
                    Also, try completely disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes (or 2 hours for some severe faults). This "resets" some unusual ECU issues.

Comment

• mkeiser
                      • Jan 2021

Originally posted by andrewb70 View Post
                      The communication issues from the laptop can possibly be a Windows driver issue and not necessarily anything to do with the Holley EFI software. Andrew
                      What's the fix for this? I feel like it's my issue. The laptop will recognize the ECU, but it won't communicate. I've tried versions 2 through 4 with the same result.

Comment

Working...
                      X