Thread: Continental E85 Sensor Problem

Default Continental E85 Sensor Problem

OK, so I have done a ton of research and at this point I’m baffled. I have the continental Factory GM E85 sensor that worked fine for several weeks, but the other day I put E85 for the first time, and For some reason when I went to check ethanol content on my screen I had gotten an Low Err. Now I know the sensor had been working earlier that morning, but didn’t check It right before I put gas in it. Anyway I’ve double checked wiring and even put a new resistor just to make sure that wasn’t the problem. I also checked my ground, and power with no luck. Purchased a new sensor and still nothing. Now I know I've heard of people getting bad sensors, but I find it hard to believe two of them no good. I’ve also double checked my setup on the input and that seems OK. Any input or ideas of what I can check next would be greatly appreciated.

From my experience, the "Low Err" is an indication of a wiring issue. Double check your wiring across the resistor: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...-Sensor-Wiring

Update: So I finally figured out my problem and feel really stupid. When I sent my tune to the tuner I accidentally sent a tune that had the input on the wrong pin-out. I know that’s probably not a big help if someone is having an issue, but just goes to show you how such a simple problem can create such a huge problem.