Thread: Quick Fuel 34-4 metering block fail.

Default Quick Fuel 34-4 metering block fail.

Hey guys, I have an older (90s) 4150 in 700 cfm that I purchased the billet metering block for. While the off idle performance is great, as is overall performance, I've discovered that the fuel in the primary bowl will trickle into the throttle bores after shutting the engine off via the idle circuit until the fuel level is basically zero. Theres no vacuum port on this block and I do not use any vacuum ports anyway. New gaskets came with the block, so I assume the gaskets are sealing properly.
    I'm hoping there's a fix for this, or a mistake I may have made. Or do I need to contact Holley about my new $100 paper weight?
    Last edited by 1776 Woody; 08-01-2020 at 06:51 PM.

The idle discharge ports are below the throttle plates. So are you sure the fuel is existing here, or is it dripping from the booster venturis? Gary
    Regards, Gary

Hmm. Well, I have a dripping of fuel at the front of the throttle blades and I watched it with a flashlight running across the surface and collecting on the backside, or low side of the plates and collecting there. I thought I saw a small hole just above the throttle plate in the front area of the bore in the base plate where the fuel was dripping from, but if it is coming from booster then I have another problem. What I saw appeared to be coming from this passage in the image, on both sides. Wouldn't it drip from the booster land near the center of the throttle plate? If so, that's not what I saw. Thanks for your help!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-08-03 14.36.30.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	10236
    Last edited by 1776 Woody; 08-03-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Do you have the correct baseplate gasket? There are a few different size gaskets. Can you make a video of your concern?
    Regards, Gary

That's a good question. I do know that I reinstalled my original metering block and there's no issue of fuel leaking after shut off. The quick fuel billet block came with new gaskets that I did use with it, but when I went back to original metering block, I also reused the old gasket that was in there before. So I have to point first to the different metering block. I've attached an image of right side of both blocks per chance you might see something.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200801_174931.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	10237

I can see that the bottom of the emulsion well is in a different position, (further down) on the red block. Complete mismatch at that point. The main well will then discharge straight into the idle discharge port, instead of the "up and over" loop. You cannot use that block. Gary

That was the one major difference I noticed, but was not sure if it'd cause my issue. Thanks for your input. I think it's about time to upgrade to some newer technology anyway. The car ran so much better on the billet block too. What a shame.