Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SBF HyperSpark Wire Routing Purple/Green

You're running your wiring wrong, that's why you're having problems. The 7-pin should connect directly to the HyperSpark so the connections are short. You put your 7-pin connector in the wrong place. Make the power wires long and keep the signal wires short.

So, shorter signal wires are the better route. Thanks

Curious, as it's not noted in any instructions, where would you have put the 7-pin connector that would of eliminated any crossing of wires. I don't have any crossed EFI and Spark Plug wires currently with the way I have it laid out now. My 7-pin connector/10-pin connector is just behind the Sniper on the firewall now.

I have a Super Sniper, but basically the same as your blue line. No issues so far. 7-pin is near firewall.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200802_085239075.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	10224

Quote Originally Posted by ny67stang View Post
    I have a Super Sniper, but basically the same as your blue line. No issues so far. 7-pin is near firewall.
    Thanks bud! Did you run the HyperSpark pigtail around the drivers side or passenger side of the distributor? Clean job!

Passenger side.

Would moving the MSD box more forwards towards the front of the engine bay be a more viable option?

It's already behind the driver's headlight. But the MSD box is not an issue. It's the wores from the distributor on the Sniper harness.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123