Thread: What do I have?

Default What do I have?

Hi all. I'm a new member seeking some help.I have a Holley MPI Pro-Jection installed on a home built car. I purchased this used from a guy after 5 shops failed to program it correctly so he could drive the car. I got it up and running with the help of my son. I'm 71 years old now and a little slower than I was. I'm pretty sure I got it about 2003. I had a computer setup with Windows 98, as that's what's on the disks. The car has been in storage about 6 years, got it out and wanted to check some things. The computer HD is no good.

Here's the software: Disk 1-3 Pro-Jection 4Di version 3.35 Windows 95, 98 NT #70R88A. I have a disk (non-factory) named A Chart Pro-Jection 4D-4Di version 4.3.1.115. The person wrote # 70R98A and #534-62. There's also a homemade CD labeled A Chart. I think I used the Achart software, I don't remember.

Main question to start. What is the latest version of Windows I can use? I had it on a Windows 98 computer and I think I had A Chart on an XP computer. Has Holley made any newer versions of this ECU software? I need to setup a computer and don't know what version of Windows I can use.

Emailed Holley, but no response and phone always full. Thanks in advance for any help members can provide. GM40

Quote Originally Posted by gm40 View Post
    Has Holley made any newer versions of this ECU software?
    No, the Holley Pro-Jection is a very antiquated & very obsolete EFI system.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Do you know what Achart is? Is this programming software? Will it run on XP or only Win98? I know the original disks say 98, but the "new disk" with Achart, etc. I could swear was XP compatible. Thanks for the quick help.

May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Forums are all about sharing and helping others, so if anyone else happens on one of these systems here are some answers. Thanks to Jeff. The Pro-Jection 4Di will run on WinXP and Achart-Pro is an aftermarket tuning program that works well with these systems. It'll run on WinXP & Win7.

I ran a 4Di on my 383 on few years back. The factory software is poor, but AChart-Pro did make it a lot easier. The system was still antiquated in a few areas, and 50 HP down on my best carb. Gary
    Regards, Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gm40 View Post
    Forums are all about sharing and helping others, so if anyone else happens on one of these systems here are some answers. Thanks to Jeff. The Pro-Jection 4Di will run on WinXP and Achart-Pro is an aftermarket tuning program that works well with these systems. It'll run on WinXP & Win7.
    Do you have a link to this software? I tried Googling Achart-Pro. and i came up with nothing but this forum post.