Thread: 750 HP Jets

omb055 Guest

Smile 750 HP Jets

Hi all. I have just purchased a 750 HP part number 0-80528-1 brand new.
    I have noticed that it comes factory fitted with 73 jets on the Primary and Secondary. Is there a reason for this? Every carb I have ever had in the past has had larger jets in the secondaries.
    I have set up the floats and adjusted the secondary butterflies for the idle and it seems to now run well at low to mid revs. I am just a little worried about giving it a big rev and going lean on the secondaries.
    A little about my combo. 383 cubes with comp roller approx 590 lift, Brodix track 1 heads with high rise manifold. 10.5:1 on 98 octane pump fuel. Max revs 7200ish. 4500 converter, 3.9 ratio differential.
    Any help with some basic carb setup and jetting would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

The R-80528 comes with pri 72, sec 84 jets, don't know why the difference. Everything else looks the same unless it's internal in the main body.

Quote Originally Posted by omb055 View Post
    Hi all. I have just purchased a 750 HP part number 0-80528-1 brand new.
    I have noticed that it comes factory fitted with 73 jets on the Primary and Secondary. Is there a reason for this? Every carb I have ever had in the past has had larger jets in the secondaries.
    I have set up the floats and adjusted the secondary butterflies for the idle and it seems to now run well at low to mid revs. I am just a little worried about giving it a big rev and going lean on the secondaries.
    A little about my combo. 383 cubes with comp roller approx 590 lift, Brodix track 1 heads with high rise manifold. 10.5:1 on 98 octane pump fuel. Max revs 7200ish. 4500 converter, 3.9 ratio differential.
    Any help with some basic carb setup and jetting would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
    Old post, so I assume problem solved, but as an FYI for others:
    Probably comes jetted square like that because it has a power valve on the secondary while other carbs with a jet size bias, do not. When the power valve kicks in, it's like jumping the jet size up several numbers, so you don't need to worry about leaning out when the secondaries come in. That said, your cam appears large enough to reduce manifold vacuum, so you may need to adjust the power valve size. That and basic jetting principles based on plug readings should get you on the right track.