Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: No Start

Regards, Gary

Yeah, MSD 85141 is the one.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Hahahaha, that's funny. I just placed the order and checked to see if someone had said anything. That’s the one I got coming. Going to Holley now to get the wiring harness coming. Thanks.

Okay school me. I want to make sure I set this cam sensor right the first time.
    Cranking Timing is set at 20°, Offset is at -17°. So where do I need the pointer set at on the 60-2 wheel. Right now it’s on TDC.
    I’ve been kinda side tracked trying to get the other car ready for Louisville. Had a new $195 sensor go bad on that car now I got to pull the radiator to change it. I don’t want any issues with it.

'92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Danny, I’m confused by this:
    "If the crank sensor is setup such that the 10th tooth after the missing teeth is at TDC, position the cam sensor such that it's between 110°−250° before TDC on cylinder #1. This will create a proper position."

Dose this mean to have the tooth on TDC mark, or on the sensor and the wheel on TDC? I’m assuming 60-2 wheel on TDC mark and sensor on 10th tooth.
    Been a long day maybe I’m just reading it wrong. Next week I’m going to have scuba gear ready when I mow. I got drowned.

So I take the new $70 Harness out of the box male ends MSD cam sync male ends. So I assume that I have to cut a $70+ harness to make it work. Now why would you make a harness for this part and not have the right end on it?! Not only that, but going to the cam sync I’ll do good if I can even get it to it. $300 plus and I’ve got to cut ends off!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTim View Post
    Now why would you make a harness for this part and not have the right end on it?!
    Because Holley doesn't know which crank trigger & cam sync unit everyone is using. I mentioned the connector replacement aspect in post #46. If you didn't want to replace the cam sensor connector then you could've purchased the EFI Connection SBC/BBC cam sync unit (which is plug & play).

I found the plug. My box was not in bad shape when it cam in and some one had taped in it the padding. It’s all good now. But it’s going to be close on the wires being long enough. Well wish me luck. Cutting and putting the plug back together under the dash is going to be fun. On placement of the cam sync. At about 110° puts my cable right at the firewall, does that sound about right?

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTim View Post
    On placement of the cam sync. At about 110° puts my cable right at the firewall does that sound about right?
    FYI: Just like a carbureted application, if your distributor (or cam sync unit) ends up facing the "wrong" direction (aesthetics or clearance reasons), you can remove the distributor assembly from the engine and reinstall it in the position you like without turning the inner shaft. On some engine applications, you may have to turn the oil pump driveshaft to properly engage the distributor shaft. You can remove the distributor cap and loosely tape the rotor to the distributor body for maintaining the alignment.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast