Thread: Really over my Terminator raw fuel.

Angry Really over my Terminator raw fuel.

Hi All. Please any help will be appreciated. I purchased a system because I was promised modern fuel injection benefits and easy tuning, while keeping the classic look. I've persisted with my Terminator system for almost two years now and I'm almost at the point of getting rid of it. The engine runs great warm (cruising or under medium to hard acceleration). However, on cold startup or slowly accelerating the engine bobbles. If I slowly bring the RPM up to 2500 RPM, the engine misses or when holding the throttle at an even position.
    There is RAW fuel coming out of the tail pipes at idle (see Image).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camaro raw fuel.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	10010
    This system is crazy. It almost seems like one of the injectors is stuck on. I've had it on two dynos with experienced tuners, and the problem still continues!
    I've been through three WBO2 sensors and countless spark plugs as both the plugs and sensors keep on fouling.
    The amount of money that I've spent in replacement parts and tune-up shops is getting ridiculous.
    The vehicles details:
    1968 Camaro 396.
    (Target AFR is set at 14)
    Terminator EFI
    Bored & stroked (Scat)
    Roller Rockers
    Street/Race Cam (Specs See Image)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cam .jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	10011
    Dual Sync
    Edelbrock Air-Gap manifold
    Edelbrock RPM heads
    American Racing Headers running dual 3” with X-Pipe
    I have contacted the Holley help line which was not helpful. I live in Melbourne Australia and need a result before I throw the Terminator out! Cheers

The Terminator tunes to what you tell it to. So if it is rich on warmup, go into the warmup settings and lean it out. Most tuners don't tune cold starts, because they would need your car for a week. You need multiple cold starts to see what it likes.

Hey and thanks 81 TransAm. I'll take it back to the shop with the information that you gave me and I'll let you know how we go. Cheers, Mate.