Thread: Terminator X Max Transmission Control Issues

Talking Terminator X Max Transmission Control Issues

Hello aftermarket electronic enthusiasts. My names Vic. I own an '81 Indy NASCAR Trans Am. I did a LS3 swap with the 4L70E 2009+ transmission. I have the Terminator X Max running the show. I'd like everyone who purchased the Terminator X Max to know, transmission wiring harness is transmission specific. The one that comes in the LS kit 550-918 transmission harness is part number 558-405, which is only good for the earlier model 4L60E & 4L80E transmission. I found this out the hard way. I installed the Terminator X Max harness not knowing the harness is transmission specific, the harness plugs are identical. To make a long story short. Holley’s tech support is sending me the proper harness part number 558-455 to correct the mismatch. I've read in some blogs that the Terminator X Max doesn’t work with the newer stronger 2009+ 4L70E if it has the neon blue or black plug. That being said we are assuming the transmission was never taken apart or rebuilt. That statement, “The Terminator X Max doesn’t work for the newer GM 4L70E transmission” is incorrect. You may find part number 558-455 is only for the Dominator EFI. That’s an incorrect statement since both units share the same electronics. Also, the Terminator X wasn’t released yet when the Dominator came out, call it outdated information. You just need the correct harness. The software for the 4L70E is already on the Terminator X Max. Hope this info helps others avoid transmission problems using the wrong harness. Cheers.

Default 4L70E harness

So how much are they charging you to send the harness?