Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 351C 2BBL -> Holley 2300 or Holley/Quick Fuel 4BBL & Mr. GasKet carburetor adapter?

Default 351C 2BBL -> Holley 2300 or Holley/Quick Fuel 4BBL & Mr. GasKet carburetor adapter?

Howdy. I've been think to update my old Autolite 2BBL carburetor. My plans in some future is to update for better intake and 4BBL carburetor nut now I'm short of money. I started to think that could I do my conversion to 4 barrel carburetor in 2 steps. I have no goal to make this car faster, etc. This is original engine with about 100,000 miles on it and it won't stand more power. So here are my choices:
    1. Buy Holley 0-4412S (2300 series) which is plug & play for 351C 2BBL intake.
    2. Buy Holley 1460 600 cfm (or Quick Fuel) and Mr. Gasket 1933 and attach these to my 2 barrel intake. Does this really work well or is there problems with this kind of system. And would it be almost plug & play installation for my system?

After I get to better finance state I buy new intake which is good for 351C 2V and 4 barrel carburetor
    Or is it just better to stay at my first plan with 2300 carburetor if I'm not planning to overhaul engine. What do you think?

I've had a couple of Cleveland 2 barrels before and tried the 2 barrel Holley. It will give you exactly a zero % increase in power over the factory carb. And a 4 barrel with a adapter on a 2 barrel intake will be worse. I'd save my money and do it right when you can. A good dual-plane intake with a 750 vacuum secondary carb if the car has a automatic transmission, or a double pumper if a manual transmission. Add a set of headers while your at it. Clevelands need to breathe.
    Twin Turbo 400 SBC 748 RWHP
    1250 Super Sniper EFI,
    Edelbrock Victor Jr. CNC Ported heads
    Ported 2925 Super Victor Manifold.

Thanks, I know you're right of all that (and I'd love to do all of that, in some day). But I forgot to mention that my old carburetor is not working well now, so I need to do something, and not have money to do hole package. And have 3-speed manual, so no muscle car.
    Last edited by IstoT; 06-03-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Well, in that case I'd either rebuild your carb. Kit is $13.93 on RockAuto. These are one of the easiest carbs ever made to rebuild. Or have it rebuilt. Otherwise you could buy a reman carb. RockAuto lists some for $161.79. If you still want to go with the Holley, the cheapest 2 barrel Holley at Summit is $373.95.
    1250 Super Sniper EFI,

I've rebuild my carb once and I'll do it second time, but it's still not good. I leave in Finland so for me that 162$ RockAuto carb would cost 300€ (after postage and taxes and I can't get that 60$ refund). So for me it's the same. Do I buy Holley or something else. And I have found that 4BBL carbs are cheaper than 2BBL (they make them more?). So that's why after I saw that adapter I started to think would it be good idea to upgrade in two stage my system. First 4BBL carb and after time 4BBL intake for 2BBL system. In this stage I'm not looking more horses, just working solution.

Your just full of surprises aren't you. Being in Finland changes everything. I don't have any good answers for that. I guess I'd go with whatever you can find to get it running now, and do the intake when funds are available.
    1250 Super Sniper EFI,

Well, these other things are not making my real question any difference. So can you answer for this. It's the point of all this asking.
    Does that adapter with 4BBL carburetor work so well that my car will be almost same as with original carburetor. If so, then I could save some money in long time if I buy 4BBL and adapter now, and update intake later. That's what I was really asking. I've read good and some bad about that adapter. If it'll not work at all, then I'll forget it and try to manage with my original carburetor.

And thanks for your patience this far.. I can't express myself good in English, so sometimes some information is missing from thoughts.
    Last edited by IstoT; 06-03-2020 at 02:19 PM.

I've used a 2 barrel Carb to 4 barrel manifold adapter before, but not in reverse like you want to do. I guess it's worth a shot to get you running again. That Holley 1460 is a vacuum secondary carb, which is good for you. The secondaries will only open if there's sufficient airflow, which probably won't happen much with the adapter under it.
    1250 Super Sniper EFI,

Thanks. I've read that adpater has done mostly for 2BBL to 4BBL manifold (as you have had) rather than my 4BBL to 2BBL manifold. But some have done that, but haven't got sure information how it'll work. Do you know if Quick Fuel has the same kind of carburetor (or think able)? Just want to get more choices.

Lots of choices for a 600 CFM carb from Summit. Go look around here: https://www.summitracing.com/oh/sear...rder=Ascending
    1250 Super Sniper EFI,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast