Thread: I'm Lost...

Default I'm Lost...

I have a 4 year old Terminator with the throttle body. What I'm trying to do is do some fine tuning on my PC. I take the SD card out of the handheld, and take it to my PC where I'm using V4 to make my changes. Save it to the SD card, reinsert it in the handheld and try to upload to the ECU. Nope. My ECU is looking for a Global File Folder. V4 is saving it as a .hefi file that is not recognized by my handheld (ECU) After reading for hours here, it appears my ECU wants changes done in V3. Is there anything I can do to change the firmware, etc., in my ECU to accept .hefi files with the newer software? (V4) Thank you for any help you can give me!

The EFI (laptop/PC) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit must all be version compatible (LINK).

http://documents.holley.com/199r11031r.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Retrieve, Save & Upload GCF - SD Card & Laptop/PC Usage, Pages 72 & 73)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...102#post231102 (Related Forum Thread)

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    For further assistance, post your Config File and a short datalog of this occurrence for us to analyze.
    Also, review the datalog and inform us of exactly where in the datalog (time/seconds) the problem occurs.
    Datalog & Global Files can be linked to a document hosting website. I use Dropbox.com.
    Files can also be "zipped" (compressed zipped folder) & attached directly to a forum post ("Go Advanced" & "Attachments").
    Your Config File is in the "Documents", "Holley" folder, "Sniper" folder, "Config Files" folder (.hefi file).
    Your Datalogs are in the "Documents", "Holley" folder, "Sniper" folder, "Data Logs" folder (.dl file).
    Someone will analyze/troubleshoot the problem & offer advice.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqHOtDNiTNA (How To Record & Email A Datalog)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Thank you Danny. Would you suggest changing everything to V4 or V5? Also, you referred me to a couple links that deal with Sniper. I have Terminator if that makes a difference. Thanks again!
    Last edited by CrimsonTide; 06-02-2020 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTide View Post
    Would you suggest changing everything to V4 or V5?
    Read the V5 EFI Software Update Overview, and decide if you want/need the new features.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...teoverview.pdf (Holley EFI V5 Software/Firmware Update Overview)

Also, you referred me to a couple links that deal with Sniper. I have Terminator if that makes a difference.
    Same thing.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

I want to thank you for getting up so early yesterday and answering my questions. I'll let you know if I have any problems. Thanks again, Danny.

I have everything switched over to V4. Converted my older file to .hefi and uploaded to the ECU. Car wouldn't start! Looking at the datalog while cranking, there was no TPS information. I had to do a new TPS calibration. Car fired right off.