Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New User, Looking for some help fine tuning.

Alright guys, here's the actual GCF file from the ECU. Also included another datalog that I took this morning. Once again from cold start to completely warm with driving. Any thoughts?
    sniper_0011_2.zip
    4150_4_ZAA_2.zip

You saved the files in the wrong manner. The extensions are wrong and when I change the extensions the software still will not open it. I think it happened when you saved them in the zipped file, either that or they're corrupt. Try again.

See post #10 above.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Sorry guys, I'm learning about posting files on here. Let's try this again: 5-28-20.zip. I'll get it right eventually. Thanks for your patience.

One thing that jumps out at me is the low timing. I'm not a Jeep guy, but you have 15° of timing all the way up to 2,000 RPM. That seems way low. I'd bet the engine would wake up quite a bit with more timing. But again, I'm not a Jeep guy so maybe they can't tolerate much timing.
    69 Camaro
    400 SBC, ProCharger D1SC
    1.302 60', 5.95@116.4 on pump gas

Thanks Greg. I have not touched timing in this case. Running a stock style distributor, so I think the ECU handles all the timing control at this point?

Yesterday after reading, exploring, Learning, etc. I did my first "Transfer Learning To Base". I then took a shot at smoothing certain areas using Danny's prescribed methods of highlighting certain areas of the table, graphing those and touching things up manually.

I ran with this last night some and it looks like all the Learn Table values are now down to between 0 and 5% correction. Which leads me to believe the current fuel map is pretty good for my setup? No reason to really keep fiddling with it. Let it continue to Learn over a few more miles, then make some minor adjustments, then take the learning parameters down some to lock in the tune?

I do need to learn a bit more about cold tuning the unit, as upon cold start it vacillates around a bit finding where it wants to be, and upon cold driving, I do get some lean spikes on decel. I will try to get a data log of that and post it today. Feel free to give me any feedback about my current state of the tune around cold start and cold running. Have not touched anything there. Very excited to be learning more each day and very thankful for the help from you guys! Current Config File: Progressive Linkage Transfer.zip

Quote Originally Posted by 78CherokeeChief View Post
    Thanks Greg. I have not touched timing in this case. Running a stock style distributor, so I think the ECU handles all the timing control at this point?
    No. ECU controlled timing means you program the Base Timing Table, and the ECU will control it according to what you programmed.

Remember, the only thing this EFI system self-tunes, is the Base Fuel Table, via the Learn Table.
    You're responsible for everything else, especially the Target A/F Ratio Table & the Base Timing Table.
    A dynamometer is the only real way to determine the optimum ignition timing for your performance engine.
    Most people research it, or just "know" what their engine needs or likes. Especially if it's a popular engine.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...8640#post88640 (Target A/F Ratio Table & Base Timing Table Reference)

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    The Target Air/Fuel Ratio Table & Base Fuel/Timing Table (and MAP kPa & RPM axes/scales) should be configured using the Sniper EFI software: In the Sniper EFI software (LINK), Target Air/Fuel Ratio Table (Fuel ICF) & Base Timing Table (Spark ICF), select "2D Table" Type (not "Simple"). The Target Air/Fuel Ratio Table & Base Timing Table can then be properly configured & tuned for any engine. I always suggest taking notes of your current distributor's ignition timing specs/curves beforehand, and then program the Base Timing Table accordingly.
    https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection (Sniper EFI Software & Holley 558-443 CAN/USB Dongle)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...679#post100679 (Sniper EFI Optional Comm/Data Cable Accessories)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Thanks again Danny. Looks like I will need to do some research/consult a more advanced tuner if I want to start adjusting timing for my system as well as tune my Target AFR map. I'm happy with what I have done so far and it runs great currently at operating temp. Just need to fine tune some of the cold settings now. She is a Jeep with a pretty stock AMC 360. She will never see a lot of WOT use or even more spirited driving. Therefore, just looking to tune for a quality ride and fuel efficiency as we plan to take it on some longer trips.

Quote Originally Posted by 78CherokeeChief View Post
    She is a Jeep with a pretty stock AMC 360. She will never see a lot of WOT use or even more spirited driving.
    Therefore, just looking to tune for a quality ride and fuel efficiency as we plan to take it on some longer trips.
    Good driveability & fuel economy requires more tuning than WOT only tuning. If you want someone to help you by means of a remote tuning session, I'd contact Chris Myer at EFISystemPro.com or Richard Nedbal (FastManEFI) at EFIExpert.com.

78CherokeeChief, if you're running a stock distributor then most likely the Sniper is not controlling timing. You should know if your Sniper is controlling the timing or not. That is a fundamental choice that you make when you install the Sniper.

If your Learn Table is filled with low numbers in all areas then your Base Fuel Table matches your Target AFR table. That doesn't mean the engine is tuned or even close to it. Your engine isn't tuned until the Target AFR table matches what the engine needs. Picking the correct Target AFR table is actually the difficult part. You need to sweep test at idle to find out what the best target AFR for your engine is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast