Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V5 software, throttle body issue, Hemi.

Default V5 software, throttle body issue, Hemi.

Since the update on the V5 EFI software/ECU firmware from V5 110 Build I've had issues with my throttle body hanging open when it's at 0. This issue has been in all of the V5 builds since 110 build. I have to run my car on the V4 software & firmware because of this issue. I've been contacting the tech guys about this issue, and it was told to me that the info was sent over to the engineers and they see what the issue is, and have been working on fixing it. That was last year when I first contacted them about it. Now here we are with the V5 Build 171 build and still nothing has changed. I can't see the correct readings on my Digital Dash because I can't downgrade the firmware on that and it doesn't read correctly with the V4 firmware for the Dominator. Does anyone have the V5 Build 30 EFI software so I can at least be able to run my car and see my gauges correctly? Or does anyone have a fix for the throttle hanging open at 0? I haven't tried was the ? I've even tried putting in a negative number, but it won't take it. I even tried switching to different throttle body settings. Still no go. Only one I haven't tried was the restricted use and I need a Holley tech to help with that. Idle hangs between 1200 RPM - 1700 RPM and if you touch the pedal it ramps up and hangs there and doesn't drop back down unless you put the car in gear and it only drops to 1200-1400 RPM. It's the same tune I've used for the past year or so and it works perfectly fine in V4. My V5 Build 30 worked great as it does in V4, but I don't have the V5 Build 30 EFI software, but I have the V5 Build 30 firmware. The firmware won't let me upload the Global File unless I have the V5 Build 30 software for my PC.

So contact Holley Tech Service (LINK) for V5 Build 30 EFI software.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Getting through to them (tech support) and then getting competent answers is proving to be tougher & tougher. That's why OP is here asking for something specific. He's not asking for any tech help anymore, tried that. He's asking if anyone has V5 Build 30 software.

And if no one replies with that particular version, contact Holley Tech Service (because they have it).
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Is this DBW throttle body or something else causing this? I ask because I can't get my G3 to idle down with a wire throttle cable TB. It won't drop below 950 RPM even warm with 800 RPM as idle RPM setting.

Ahmedwestcott, in my 6.1L Hemi, I've had throttle body calibration issues with both V4 & V5 EFI software versions. Holley tech wasn't able to help me, but I was able to resolve my issues on my own. My issue stemmed around a TPS Autoset, which didn't calibrate the throttle body correctly. I had to hold the throttle plate in the home position after pressing the pedal twice. I have performed this procedure several times, each time correcting my calibration issues. I did try replacing pedals and throttle bodies and new parts didn't fix the issue. Maybe this isn't related to your issues, but I thought I would share it.

Quote Originally Posted by jgmccrac View Post
    My issue stemmed around a TPS Autoset, which didn't calibrate the throttle body correctly. I had to hold the throttle plate in the home position after pressing the pedal twice.
    Please elaborate on this. You had to hold the throttle shaft against the idle speed screw? Each time the throttle returned to idle from WOT?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Please elaborate on this. You had to hold the throttle shaft against the idle speed screw? Each time the throttle returned to idle from WOT?
    My setup is DBW. So I held the throttle body plate closed after pressing the pedal twice.

Oh, I see what you're saying. With Drive-By-Wire, you can momentarily push & hold the throttle blade all the way closed, to actually zero the Pedal Position % (bypassing the Parked Throttle Position %).

Here's a copy of V5.0.30:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kww...ew?usp=sharing. I also have 5.0.31 & V5.0.32 if you need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast