Thread: Setup LED light on a 7" Digital Dash

Default Setup LED light on a 7" Digital Dash

Trying to setup a Low Meth LED gauge on my 7" Digital Dash with using the I/O 4 & 7. Thing is I can’t get the light to come on when the float is down (completing the circuit). One side is grounded to battery then goes through floater and the wire then goes to the Digital Dash. You can set some of the inputs for switched 12V. Couldn’t get it to work properly. Does the Digital Dash provide the 12V or do I have to run 12V to the dash side wire so the dash senses the 12V? That’s the question.

The dash will see a +12V signal from a wire you put into the I/O. For example: Turn signals, you can run the wire into the dash and when it sees +12V it can activate the status LED. Set the I/O port up for switched +12V. So whenever your float closes the circuit and sends a +12V signal it will turn on a status LED that you created on the dash. I've done it this way for turn signals & high beam indicator.

Can we review what I have set to get my turn signals to work?

1. I confirmed with a test light that the pins I’m inserting into the connector are sending a blinking signal.

2. Document indicates using IO1 & IO2.

3. I configured inputs “I:SW to 12V”.

4. Created status LED to “Dash IO1 & Dash IO2”.

5. Save everything. Try blinker and nothing, LED does not blink.

What could I be missing?