Thread: How do you get support to work? Is it RMA time?

Default How do you get support to work? Is it RMA time?

New Sniper install '68 Corvette 427
    Sniper QuadraJet
    Sniper Distributor
    HyperSpark & Coil
    EFI fuel tank.

Starts, barely runs. Fuel is poring into intake.
    I have 4 separate calls into Holley tech support.
    The last call he had me create a datalog and email it.
    Note: 30 seconds running the car has the entire exhaust system full of raw fuel and dripping out the side pipes.
    The tech sent me an email to which I replied with the datalog.
    He never got back to me and will not return my emails.

I'm running out of room here boys and girls. I need the car to run but am at a point where it may be best to just uninstall this and send it all back
    I'll keep the fuel pump and lines and go to the Edelbrock systems I hear good things about them.
    For the record, I've gone through all the senors and gauges with Holley techs everything look OK, other than crazy rich mixture and AFR at idle being well below target.
    What should I do? Holley has the data they need to give me some sort of answer, but simply does not return my requests.
    I do not want to run this any more as it is stinking up the whole house with raw gas. I'm looking for ideas to get Holley to respond. Thanks, Tom

Well as far as I know, nobody on this forum works for Holley so we can't help you there. However, there are a handful of folks on this forum who can fix most any Sniper problem, so if you want help you can find it here. My guess is that you have an injector that is stuck open, but it could be something else. Have someone crank the engine while you look down the throttle bores. There should be some fuel puddling on the throttle plates, but there shouldn't be fuel pouring into the engine. If one of the injectors is stuck open then you'll either need to send the ECU back to Holley for repair or tackle the job yourself. It's fairly easy to pull the injectors out and take them to a local shop for testing and cleaning, but most people just send the whole unit in for repair.

If the injectors are working fine then perhaps you just have a bad tune loaded in the ECU. The tune can be fixed very quickly using a laptop or you can build a new tune with the Wizard.

Like Andy stated, look down the throttle body and determine what's wrong.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.