Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dual Sync 565-201 Wiring

Well I finished wiring it up and now the fuel pump has no power, and it's not priming at the turn of the key. Checked the connections at the relay and the battery and it looks okay. Thoughts?

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....9623#post69623 (System Relay & Injector Wiring Troubleshooting)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Thanks again Danny. The fuel pump was a simple fuse replacement. Well I've got everything buttoned up and double checked all my wiring and I have no spark. I'm wondering if I got a bad distributor as the box was previously opened when I received it from Holley. After six hours bent over the damn engine I had to call it quits last night, so I could walk today, LOL. I'll test the new MSD as well after work. Would leaving the gray wire from the MSD box for the tach output disconnected cause any issues? It's the only wire I have yet to connect.

Quote Originally Posted by chillininnh View Post
    Would leaving the gray wire from the MSD box for the tach output disconnected cause any issues? It's the only wire I have yet to connect.
    Does the Data Monitor display legitimate cranking RPM?
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (Scroll down to "Typical No-Start Checks".)

• Ensure the ECU main power & ground is wired directly to the battery. Battery acts as a great capacitor/filter. (LINK & LINK)
    • Cable from negative battery post to engine block, engine block to frame and #8 AWG wire from body to battery. (LINK)
    • Ensure the Switched +12V red/white wire (pink wire - Sniper EFI) remains powered in the "Run" and "Crank" key positions.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

When cranking, I'm getting the words "Syncing" & "Error" flashing intermittently.

Well there's the problem, an inconsistent RPM signal. Maybe that new Holley Dual Sync distributor is defective. Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).

Okay. Like I said before, when the distributor arrived the box had been opened. Thanks Dan.

Maybe it's a defective/tampered return.

Well I'm out of ideas. I received the new unopened distributor and installed it according to the instructions. I've Ohms tested the new coil and it tests okay. I've performed the white wire spark test on the MSD and it sparked fine. I'm still getting the RPM indication of syncing & error. What's left to check? I've been over the connections multiple times. Perhaps something else that hasn't been touched failed. What else would cause an interruption in RPM signal?
    Last edited by chillininnh; 05-09-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Did you check your camshaft distributor gear? Maybe timing chain slack?
    Ensure the Switched +12V red/white wire (pink wire - Sniper EFI) remains powered in the "Run" and "Crank" key positions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast