Thread: Fluctuating Cruising AFR

Default Fluctuating Cruising AFR

Hi guys, I have this problem that the car goes from rich to lean at steady cruise and no load. From 11.8 to 22.1 when targeting 15.2. Does anyone know how to tune around this, if possible? Car normally runs E85, but don't have access to that right now, so I took the car out for a small cruise on 93. The injectors are 1500cc, are they too big for low fuel demand on 93? Attached a small log file: 09192601.zip Thank you, -Richard

Check your wiring at the WBO2 side of the harness, I got a wideband that acted the same way. The pins were never seated into the connector right. I learned with Holley, just because it's new, doesn't mean it is right. I had the WBO2 come in with the pins not pushed in properly and my injector harness came wired odd to even. They fixed everything for me I had issues with and I repaired the WBO2 myself since I have a crap load of the Delphi pins. EDIT: The WBO2 I got was an NTK.

I'll check the WBO2 wiring, but the WBO2 is stable at WOT, so I might think there's another problem. I have another WBO2 I can try as well. I can feel it on the car when it goes from lean to rich on cruise. Thanks for the input.

Your datalog is only 5 seconds long. Longer would be better. Your Closed Loop is chasing its tail. Slow down the Closed Loop Advanced Control.
    Last edited by 81 TransAm; 04-09-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Ah shoot, I didn't see the datalog. Can you post the Global File and a datalog?

Yes, I know the datalog is quite short. Sorry about that, just flicked the datalog switch to check it out quick. I'll try to slow down the Closed Loop Advanced Control (currently at 3) and give it another try tomorrow. Thank you.

If you have a big cam the ECU can get confused at cruising speed and chase the AFR around & around. Slowing down the Advanced Control helps or you can tighten up the CL Limits in the cruise area.