Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: V5 freezing when Online.

LOL, I'll let you know.

So I downloaded and installed V4 on my laptop and my ECU. Everything works fine and I have no "Online" issues what so ever. Unrelated to my problem, I had Holley previously upgrade my ECU to V5 from V1.3 because I had a very old ECU. But because I never had a V4 Global File I had to make a completely new Global File for V4 copying from all the parameters from V5. I found that a V5 Global File is not backwards compatible with V4 and my V1.3 folders could not be converted either. But I got it done and all is good.

You're going to make the SW engineers at Holley sad with your story about how V5 is unstable, but V4 works great. They'll have to return the bonuses they got for shipping V5 in record time.

Ha ha, Holley was great! I shipped the ECU to them and they had it back in 1 week. The tech I talked to on the phone was the one that upgraded it for me and kept me informed the entire time. in their defense, they asked me what version I wanted and I just went with V5 because it was the most recent. But regardless, I'm happy with it.

Just wanted to confirm I'm having the same issue with PC freezing when "Online" and engine running with V5 EFI software/ECU firmware. Originally used USB port on front of ECU, but it apparently was damaged over time, so currently using USB/CAN Communication Cable (part number 558-443). I can pull and push Global Files just fine when engine is off. I've tried V5 build 160, then build 170, eventually downgraded to 160 again, no change in freeze issue. Laptop is a Dell XPS 15 (no slouch) running Windows 10, all updates applied. Had not noticed this issue on previous versions. ECU is a Terminator/HP that I needed to access with PC right out of the box so I could activate the "white wire" to use an MSD 6AL CDI box. Combed these forums looking for a clue and found this thread. Seems that the V5 EFI software may be unstable and I don't use all the extras, so V4 looks appealing. Problem occurs when using PC gauges and without, also prevents taking PC datalogs. I'm headed to a tuner on Tuesday for a dyno session, I'll report back after I get a professional opinion of what the issue could be.

I had some issues with freezing on earlier builds of V5. I also had some misfire issues with V6 Build 200. I'm currently back to using V5 Build 171 with no issues. I use a cheap, old Acer laptop with Windows 7.

I'm also on V5 Build 171 with no problems. Windows 10 Pro, Panasonic Toughbook.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...071#post244071 (Related Forum Post)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger, 1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, R134a A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123