Thread: Using lock down time to learn.

Default Using lock down time to learn.

Bare with me please. I'm using this lock down time to start to educate myself. I'm running V5 software. My car has been 100% tuned (street & race) by Greg Powrie, but it's time for me to learn some basic stuff, and maybe more. I'm only going to ask questions as I run into the need. So, to start. I run one street tune that I'm happy with, and about ten different race tunes that are setup for things like slicks, radials, leaving on more/less power, etc. I'd like to rename them, so that when I go looking to make a tune change, I know exactly what I'm getting. Stuff like Lapeer #3, and Milan pass #7, don't tell me anything. So how do I rename a tune, and save it, so that when I go to the library to load it, it will show its new name? Is there a place I can add the "specs" of said tunes. Thanks for you time guys, and please be gentle. LOL. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by mufflerguy View Post
    So how do I rename a tune, and save it, so that when I go to the library to load it, it will show its new name?
    Right click on the Global File and select rename. Or:
    Name your Global File and save it in the EFI software. See below.
    IF creating a new Global File Name (as opposed to just saving a change in an existing GF), it's much easier to click "File",
    "Save Global File As...", delete the Global File Name shown and just type in the new name you want without any backslash.

Is there a place I can add the "specs" of said tunes. Thanks for you time guys, and please be gentle. LOL. Rob
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...bal-File-Notes (Global File & Datalog Notes)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

If you come up with a format to name your Global Files and datalogs that you like, it will help you tremendously. I use a Map Selector Switch. So at the beginning of each race day I have my four tunes loaded (Warm Up)(1) (2) (3). 1-2-3 are from soft to aggressive with 2 being my "go to" tune. Each time I make a change the tune I save as and add an letter, example: 2a then next change will be 2b. Look at the attached pictures. One is start of the day the other would be the end of the day. In the properties of the data file it will list the tunes name, so you can tell what tune was used. At the end of each day I add a folder to the directory using two digit month and day, then move those Global Files in to it. This way I can load the datalog and the exact tune that was ran with that datalog. Even months later. I do end up with a lot of files, but they are organized and easy to find and match together. I save my datalogs soon as they are opened after the run, I name them by two digit month and day "space" run number of the day "space" ET example (0308 2 555) March 8th second pass of the day and ran a 5.55. And at the end of each year I make a folder for that year and move them in to it. See picture. Note: I'm not on the computer I use for this so these pictures are just examples I made.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Race Day  start.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	9413 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Race Day end.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	9414 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Data logs.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	9415
    Last edited by BoostedCP; 04-09-2020 at 06:35 AM.