Thread: Broken laptop with version 1.3.

Default Broken laptop with version 1.3.

So I'm kind of stuck and not sure what to do. I have an HP EFI with version 1.3. The laptop I was using completely died. I have a new laptop running Windows 10, but I can't get the 1.3 software to load on the laptop using the CD (new laptop doesn't even have a CD drive, I had to buy an external one). Holley only has the 1.5 software/firmware online to download. How do I get my Windows 10 laptop to work with my 1.3 version HP EFI? Sorry if this is a simple thing, I'm not he best with computers. Thanks.

You don't have to keep version 1.3. Update to the latest V5 EFI software/ECU firmware. The EFI (laptop) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit must all be version compatible (LINK). Also, Holley they had a special update/V2 download for very old V1 software/firmware versions. I'm wondering if this the problem. Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

So I tied to update to V5, but when I connect my laptop to the ECU the laptop won’t recognize the ECU in order to update the firmware. I tried all the USB ports on the laptop, uninstalled and reinstalled V5. Again I’m not great with computers. I tried to search the forum, but didn’t find anything.

Does clicking "USB Link" connect "Online" with the ECU? If not, contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

No, it doesn't do anything. It’s as if you open the EFI software and never even plug in the ECU. I’m going to see if I can get a neighbor to put V5 on his laptop and try that. Thank you for the help.

In some unusual cases (probably from V1), users had to update in numerical succession (V2, V3, V4, V5). At least try to connect "Online" with earlier EFI software versions. Read this: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...3117#post83117 (Related Forum Thread)

So I wanted to update everyone. I had one of the original V1.3 Build ECUs from way back. I got a hold of Holley tech support and I had to ship my ECU to them. They had to update it in a special way and they loaded V5 on it. They shipped it back and once I updated the firmware everything communicated and works perfectly. Thank you all for the help and thanks to Holley for taking care of me. It was a one week turn around and the guy I talked to on the chat feature was the one I shipped it to, and he fixed it keeping me updated the entire time. Customer support is on point.